at Thriva in London
(₤25000 - ₤40000 per year)
We aren’t just any old start-up solving problems that don’t exist. We are on a mission to empower people to take control of their health, in order to improve wellbeing and prevent illness. We’ve started by making the most valuable internal health data accessible and we’ve built a platform on top of a slick home blood test service. That’s just the start. We’re a growing team of tech, product, marketing and medical people with fantastic investors and an ever increasing number of customers.
About the role:
We are looking for a UI/UX designer to help us design and implement world-class products that help people proactively manage and track their health. You’ll be in charge of creating visually stunning designs that stand out in the consumer health sector but with usability always top of mind. You’ll thrive (sorry) on delighting customers with design that makes using our product feel effortless, intuitive and rewarding.
You’ll also take a data driven approach and always be looking to work customer feedback and insights into how the product develops. We have some really interesting design challenges with things like data visualisation and there are some new projects where you will have a completely clean slate. We encourage an environment where everyone’s voice is heard and everyone can have an real impact on our business/product direction.
What we look for:
- Good understanding of interaction design, UX and UI principles, particularly on the web.
- Experience designing responsive and intuitive interfaces.
- Experience working closely with technical and marketing teams during the design process.
- Understanding of how data and customer feedback should feed into the design process.
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain and defend design decisions.
- Experience with a wide variety of design besides just web (we have a physical product!).
- Proficient enough with CSS/HTML to able to prototype or lend a hand with the development of designs.
- Used to working in a lean/agile environment.
We are a serious business but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We strive to make Thriva a fun, productive and fulfilling place to work, package includes:
- Competitive salary and meaningful options for the right person
- Weekly team activities.
- Opportunity to work on your own projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- 28 days paid annual leave so you get time away from start-up life.
- Choose your own equipment and setup.
Recent jobs at Thriva
- Full stack engineer at Thriva in London 08-05-2017