Channel Sales Intern
at Loot in London
At Loot, we believe that students and young people should be able to go out and do the things they love without worrying about money or relying on an overdraft. Whether they’re saving for a night out, an around the world trip or even saving for a mortgage on a house – we’ll help you get there.
Based in London, Poznań and Białystok, we are a small team of motivated and hardworking individuals passionate about our company. We’re unified by the satisfaction we feel from fussing over the finer details of everything from UX to our API.
About the role
We have a three-month fixed term opportunity for a gifted salesperson aspiring to enter the FinTech startup scene. We don’t require previous sales experience for this position. We want people with drive, ambition and tenacity! People with the ability to create quick business relationships in a strategic and professional manner.
You will get invaluable experience working closely with our Commercial Director, dealing with the full sales cycle, and supporting him with building strong B2B relationships. The Partnerships team is small allowing you to shadow the Director in the development and execution of operational and strategic plans. You will be shown first-hand, how to develop a pipeline of opportunities and make a business profitable.
Though we cannot guarantee you a job from this position, we can guarantee you will be part of a quality internship where you’ll be given the chance to make a difference to the long-term achievements of Loot. From here, you can easily move onto Channel Sales, Growth Hacking, and Partnerships positions – roles highly sought after within the startup sector.
- Managing a pipeline of leads from existing partners such as universities and schools.
- Initiating and closing B2B relationships over the phone, via email and in some cases in person.
- Supporting the Commercial Director with high value partner relationships and new opportunities.
- Managing the performance of new partners to ensure continued relationships and success.
- Project work on market sizing and opportunity mapping – explore new markets and create your own pipeline.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Highly organised
- Great presentation skills
- Ability to complete desktop/ internet research
- Nice to have (but not at all required)
- Previous Sales experience
- An interest in financial services, FinTech or technology sectors
- Experience in playing Mario Kart
PLEASE NOTE: Loot will only accept applications from candidates legally allowed to work within the UK. We will not be providing visa sponsorships for this role.
We are particularly focussed on developing a more diverse workplace to reflect the users of our app. If you have the right attitude, are proactive and a very skilled persuader then we’d like to hear from you.
As part of your application, we’d like you to write your response to the following questions:
- Tell us about the time you convinced someone to do something that they didn’t originally want to do.
- Tell us when you, as a Loot consumer, would not use Loot.
- Tell us about a time you failed and how you contributed to that failure.
You will be paid a fixed daily rate of 70GBP (09:00 – 17:30)
Bonus incentive for each B2B contract achieved
Recent jobs at Loot
- Marketing Intern at Loot in London 11-05-2017