Marketing & Operations Intern (Paid)
at EmailOctopus in London
EmailOctopus is looking for a highly motivated Marketing Intern who will be supporting and working alongside our small Hackney based team for the next 3 months.
EmailOctopus is a fast growing startup offering email marketing for less. We’re shaking up the industry with our disruptive pricing model and are taking on the giants of silicon valley. We’re self-funded but are growing fast (we’ve sent over 1bn emails) and we’re profitable. We launched the platform in 2014, initially as a small side-project, went full-time last year and are now working out of our brand new office in uber cool Hackney, complete with office dog.
You’ll be working on marketing and customer services, playing a key role on the team to ensure EmailOctopus continues it’s rapid growth whilst delighting our customers. In the role, your main focus will be in assisting our marketing and customer support. On a daily basis, you’ll likely be working on our next blog post, keeping an eye on what our competitors are doing and responding to queries from current and prospective clients. Being a small team you will also have the opportunity to get involved in all the other functions of the company; if you have a killer feature idea or want to spend some time learning to code, we’ll help support you as much as possible. It’s an exciting role which will offer you plenty of responsibility, in a small team which will advise and back you when needed.
We are looking for a fun, relaxed individual, but with a professional attitude and proactive, pragmatic approach to what you do. As an internship we’re not after years of experience, attitude is more important. You’ll likely have some knowledge/experience in the below:
- Blogging/content creation – If you’ve got a blog, or write on the side, share it with us. We blog about our business regularly and would love for you to assist in this.
- Social media – You’ll be a digital native with great ideas about how we can expand and utilise social media more.
- Customer support – Whether you’ve done a Christmas job at Toys ‘R’ Us or have a startup of your own, experience of dealing with customers will stand you in good stead as you’ll regularly be answering live chat and email requests.
- Organisation – Ideally you’ll be an organised individual with ideas on how businesses can improve their process. Perhaps you’re a stickler for adding everything to your calendar or are a Microsoft Excel expert.
- As a paid internship, we’ll ensure you’re competitively paid.
- The opportunity to work in a small, growing team who will support you in your future career.
- A brand new office, complete with Alfie, our cute office dog.
- Flexible working hours