Full Stack Developer - Agri-tech startup
at Hoofprints Technologies Ltd in Hayes
Hoofprints is an agri-tech startup with a mission to transform how food is produced globally. We are developing a range of connected products and services to catalyse the transformation of the livestock farming industry in the UK. We have recently been awarded an Innovate UK grant to support our ambitious project. We are also collaborating with a leading agricultural college that provides us with access to animal science expertise and a network of industry partners. We have several iterations of working prototypes of our first product, currently undergoing field trials at a remote hill farm in Scotland.
We are looking for a talented full stack developer with a keen interest in our industry to help build our tech solution. We are not looking for years of experience (it’s a bonus if you do!) but we do expect you to be self-motivated, proactive and demonstrate a willingness to take ownership of the tech development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with our early adopters to understand their needs and requirements.
- Leverage modern cloud computing platforms to develop (and maintain) web applications.
- Infuse Machine Learning and AI driven analytics into web applications.
- Experiment and evaluate new technologies, frameworks, open-source libraries, etc.
What you’ll need;
- A graduate or postgraduate degree in Computer Science.
- Strong knowledge or experience in backend development.
- Experience in cloud computing platforms such as IBM Watson / AWS.
- Knowledge of Progressive Web Apps (including Offline First principles).
- Experience in Node.js, Git, Agile / Kanban development is essential.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity for you to influence, improve and transform how food is produced globally.
- An opportunity for you to take ownership and drive the tech development in the company.
- A flexible startup working environment.
- A competitive salary with equity package.
Please note, we are only looking for applicants eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately, the company is unable to provide visa sponsorships.