Senior big data engineer
at Streamhub in London
(₤60000 - ₤70000 per year)
You will play a key role in our big data engineering team, joining as a Senior Data Engineer (SDE), which is a 100% hands-on role! In line with Streamhub’s ambitions, the SDE’s responsibility is to derive real-world value and structure from the vast range of “video content” and “audience” data all around us.
Using your expertise of distributed computing principles, component development and architecture, the role will be focused on producing valuable information that leads to solving problems for the content and marketing sectors.
You can expect hard but rewarding work across several projects, technologies or clients, enabling strategic ‘experiments’ and designing initiatives tapping the potential of the data we hold. We have a lean, pragmatic and open culture that allows us to focus on quick iterations.
- Design, build and support distributed systems that are resilient, extensible and powers our SaaS analytics platform
- Design, implement and support new algorithms and features built around Elasticsearch and Cassandra
- Create intelligent features using big data query engines like Spark, Presto
- Optimise the integration of new data sources, addition of business logic that provide further layers and dimensions to the data analysis
- Continually make smart collaborative decisions that address value for customer, technical debt and resource availability
We would NEED you to:
- Be deeply proficient with 4+ years in object oriented development with Java or Scala
- Be an expert in Elasticsearch, including its operational aspects
- Have 3+ years of hands-on experience with Spark, Cassandra and the Hadoop ecosystem technologies
- Have production experience with AWS big data stack
- Be passionate about the business and social impact of our sector
We would love you to have:
- Strong experience with algorithms, RESTful architectures and low-latency systems
- Graduated with a Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science / Big Data / Machine Learning / Maths
- Previous experience with building DSPs, SSPs, DMPs
- Have a strong interest in machine learning and/or statistical analysis
- Be excited about learning and the opportunity
- Be well organised and enjoy communicating
We are a tight-knit group of fun and capable professionals believing that we can push tech boundaries to make things better. We don’t have all the answers and as such we are looking for someone who’ll bring something new to the team and help us become greater.
- Full-time employment at our London office
- Start time: May-June 2017
- Salary: competitive
- Equity: EMI share options
- We offer Visa sponsorship for non UK nationals with exceptional fit to the position and who are already in the UK
No agents whatsoever please.