Full stack developer, PHP, Symphony - Fintech
at Dwell Mortgages in London
(₤40 - ₤60 per year)
We’re Dwell a small passionate team of company builders, developers, product designers, mortgage brokers learning from each other to break the norm and take mortgage broking digital using AI and building smarter mortgage tech for our customers.
We’re looking for a generalist developer, a good all-rounded developer (AKA a full stacker) who’s willing to bring their experience to the table, not afraid of learning new technologies accept others experiences to form an unstoppable force.
You should be a solid front-end developer with a passion for building a great front end experience, coupled with a stable back end experience that’s second to non. We love to work with people who love a challenge and enjoy developing your existing skills and learn new skills to strengthen the team.
We embrace an experimental approach and love to learn at every touch point!
Essentials – what’s important
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar, advanced degree preferred with outstanding record of academic achievement
- 5+ years history of development in an agencies / startups / corporations
- Have first-hand understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks particularly Symphony
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Experience with relational and non-relational (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.) data stores
- You must love to analyse data and demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Excellent understanding accessibility and security compliance (experience of working in a regulated environment is good)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
What will blow us away
- You’ve started a previous company that has failed, but you’ve applied those learning into other aspects of your career
- You love to work quickly
- Someone who is strong to work independently but also able to work with external resources
- Itching to work at a startup and impress us with your entrepreneurial flare