Node.JS and Python Backend Engineer
at CheckRecipient in London
(₤45000 - ₤65000 per year)
CheckRecipient uses advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) to make it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands. We protect enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats by preventing breaches in real-time.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
We’ve recently closed a fundraising round of $2.7m led by Accel and LocalGlobe and we are looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
Engineering at CheckRecipient
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms.
As a member of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be a part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team. We believe in regular and continuous development and we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve. You will work closely with our data science team building out new threat modules as well as re-architecting our application into microservices allowing us to scale horizontally.
We’re looking for a backend engineerto work on a scalable platform for live processing of email data to be used with our machine learning technology. Good knowledge of Node.JS and Python is required for developing the platform which is based on Haraka SMTP server, whilst experience of technologies such as Docker, Postgres, Kubernetes and AWS is also ideal.
The role will involve strategy planning of the roadmap, architecting the solution, as well as implementation and development of the overall solution. The platform will need to be highly scalable, automated, and capable of live processing large volumes of emails. It will make use of containerization technologies, micro-services and cloud.
- Winner – WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
- Winner – LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
- Winner – Info Security PG Security Startup of the Year 2017
The Key Languages for this role are:
- Node.JS (backend)
- Databases (Postgres/MongoDB)
- Queuing (RabbitMQ)
- SMTP / Mail Gateways
You should apply if you:
- are a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- have knowledge of Node.js and Python
- are interested in working on a microservices architecture or have an interest in DevOps
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity options
- Choose your own tech kit
- Central London office location
- Regular team socials and activities
- We do not accept applications or résumés from 3rd party recruiters.
- We are currently unable to sponsor applicants who do not have a right to work in the UK
Recent jobs at CheckRecipient
- DevOps Engineer at CheckRecipient in London 10-01-2017
- Technical Engineering Team Lead at CheckRecipient in London 03-05-2017
- Marketing Executive at CheckRecipient in London 16-05-2017