at Winnow in London
(₤25000 per year)
We are a fast growing tech start-up with an excellent team of people who are focused, but fun to work with. We are on a mission to reduce food waste with our smart-bins and are ranked as one of London’s top 10 start-ups.
We are looking for a Support Engineer. If you join our team, you will be mentored by some of the best in the industry and will have a chance to learn exciting new technologies. If you excel in the role, you will have the opportunity to advance to Team Lead.
1) System Support
Monitoring and triage of our Kanban board, fielding support tickets as they come in. Investigating these tickets to establish whether the problem is caused by mis-configuration of the system, bad data or a bug in the code. Resolve those issues which do not require bug fixes and escalate bugs to 3rd line support for attention of developers. Investigation of issues with generation of reports which should be emailed to our customers.
2) Technical Support
Preparation of laptops for new joiners including clean installation of Windows. Installation of Anti-virus and MS Office. Creation of user accounts for new joiners and deletion of accounts for leavers. Trouble shooting of problems with colleagues’ laptops, VOIP phones and network connections.
3) Release Testing
If you have spare time,you will assist in testing of versions of our application and web site prior to release.
- Technically savvy, familiar with Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux, Android
- Methodical approach to solving technical problems
- Using SQL as a query language to investigate data in a MySQL database
- Ability to read and analyse log files
- Thorough understanding of cloud based SAAS software architecture
- It would be advantageous if you had knowledge of these technologies:
- Jira, Excel, Amazon Web Services, Google Apps, Zendesk.
- Reporting systems such as SSRS or Pentaho.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Fast learner.
- Good communicator both verbal and written.
- Fluent English.
- Team Player.
- Good problem solver.
- Good attention to detail.