Junior Software Engineer for award-winning Edtech company
at NurseryBook in Bath
(₤16000 - ₤20000 per year)
Do you have a passion for software development and a thirst to gain real world experience working on an application that aims to give children the best possible start in life?
Fancy being part of a small, highly collaborative team where you can have a positive impact on the future of children’s early years development? We’re looking for someone with a passion for software development to join us and provide technical expertise to our customer support team.
What you’ll do day to day
- Investigate and resolve support queries e.g. data analysis, application issues or database related
- Resolve defects in our existing web applications
- Provide technical expertise to the customer support team
- Develop tools to improve the effectiveness of customer support
- Improve our documentation and support materials
- Test new software features & assist the QA process
- Gain commercial experience and learn best practises in software engineering
We’re looking for an individual
- Who can communicate clearly and effectively within a team
- Who is a recent graduate in IT or Computer Science related degree – however you don’t have to have a degree for the role – we are looking for people who can demonstrate their passion for software development
- Has a logical approach to problem solving and knows writing more code isn’t always the answer
- Has a great attitude, even when faced with challenging situations
- Demonstrates a passion for software development. Loves to code and always has side-projects on the go
- With an awareness of software development practices such as refactoring, debugging, TDD and version control
- Driven to learn and keep up to date with latest technologies
Technologies you’re familiar with
- HTML5 / CSS3
- JSON & XML
- Linux servers in the Cloud
Kinderly is an award-winning Edtech company based in London and Bath. We provide a software solution that supports childcare professionals to be at their best in capturing, recording and sharing a child’s progress so that more children have a better start in life and parents are more in touch with their development.
Perks of the role
- As a small company we are a friendly team and have flexible working hours.
- You can be assured that your contribution to the company will be valued highly and make a great impact to our development.
- This is a brilliant opportunity for those wishing to develop their skills and gain commercial experience with a variety of tools and programming languages.
- Remote working as well as access to a vibrant and eclectic central London or a Bath office, both with regular social and networking events
- Competitive salary around £20,000.
If this sounds like you and believe that we could be a match, send us a short letter of introduction, your CV and a link to your portfolio, Github or wherever else demonstrates your abilities, no later than 2nd June 2017