Systems and Build Administrator
at Make it Social in Edinburgh
Job Title: Systems and Build Administrator
Type: 6 months fixed term with scope to be extended based on requirements.
Dates: Full time Monday to Friday (8 hours a day including 1 hour lunch break – core hours 10am to 4pm) starting as soon as possible. Some degree of flexibility around working hours may be required during busier times.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Deadline: Friday 26th May 2017 at 5pm
Application Process: Applications will be received by the Chief Operating Officer, Adam Alton. Please note that the CEO and CTO will also have access to any applications and due to PCI-DSS requirements background checks (including basic disclosure) will be required prior to final employment and any applicant will be informed if such a check is to take place.
About Make it Social
Make it Social are recruiting for a talented Systems and Build Administrator to join our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team. You will be a pivotal part of the team in the development of the business.
Make it Social offers companies, within a range of industries including travel and event ticketing, a group booking solution that integrates with their existing systems via APIs.
Once integrated the social group is open to a host of opportunities, geared to marketing towards a new demographic. For our users, we are developing a social network that enables more offline social interaction with friends and family.
We are looking for a talented system and build admin that will help us effectively manage our infrastructure, deployment chain and live systems. An increasingly active development team requires an exceptionally robust build setup, and a steadily growing number of live instances require stable and monitored environments.
- Are you able to level-headedly handle the pressure of a team looking for stable builds?
- Are you able to effectively manage multiple live cloud-based environments?
- Can you find innovative solutions appropriate to the required context for conflicting infrastructure demands?
- Do you think this stuff is fun?
Essential Technical Skills
- 4 years or more bash experience
- 2 years or more Python / Ruby / Perl experience
- 3 years or more Jenkins experience
- AWS infrastructure management, particularly IAM, VPC, S3, EC2, ECS, SNS, Route 53 and CloudWatch
- Ability to sift through logs and find error points quickly
Desirable Technical Skills / Soft Skills
- Strong infrastructure modeling skills
- GitHub integrations
- Ability to operate well in a team environment
- Babel, Gulp, Grunt scripting
- MySQL / MongoDB
- High degree of accuracy in work result
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS
Character & Personality
- Able to resolve problems quickly whilst maintaining communication channels
- Innovative applier of available resource
- A commitment to excellence
- Appreciative of the startup culture
- Keen problem solver
- Ultra organised
Internal: Developers and Operations