at Forward Partners in London
(₤45000 - ₤60000 per year)
iWazat’s platform helps event organisers from SMEs to FTSEs build & deploy engaging event-apps in minutes, without them ever writing a line of code; powering smarter networking, messaging and richer attendee experiences, before, during and long after events are over.
Huge potential: The events market is massive!: globally it’s estimated at well over $560billion, with organisers spending over $52bn on their event technology alone. ~80% of event organisers are either considering or already using an event app this year; with the average event bringing together anywhere from 50-1000 intrepid attendees and hustlers of the crowded room. What’s more,
Limited competition: The market is deeply disenchanted with it’s current options; broadly speaking, build your own (expensive, in not only capital, but time) or pay an agency to build one for you (equally expensive). By contrast, iWazat apps deliver audience engagement typically 400% above the industry average, for a fraction of the overhead and almost none of the time sink.
Talented founder: Ooj is an extremely talented entrepreneur with a range of technical & non-technical skills and deep industry knowledge & expertise.
Well funded: iWazat is well capitalised through the UK’s largest institutional seed stage VC, Forward Partners, with a seed round of £350,000, and is positioning for a significant institutional round later this year.
Digital, autonomous minions scrape the web, auto-generating event apps and actively engaging event organisers and their attendees at massive scale. Apps automatically pre-populate attendee profiles – pulling in all of their social channels, interests, skills and bio’s from across the web – increasing the value and insight for all; all for free!
iWazat’s premium offering allows organisers to take even greater control of their app-branding, whilst delivering powerful monetisation mechanics and audience insights & communications tools – on a cloud based, real-time platform; all for fractions of what a traditional solution might cost them.
Apps enable organisers to create, manage and share their event with audiences, who can in turn message, book meetings, schedule their agenda, view attendee, exhibitor & sponsor profiles and complete surveys & polls. In-session audience engagement and live polling are another set of features which organisers, in particular, are extremely keen to have in their armoury.
The platform has been completely re-engineered from the ground up by iWazat’s founder and CEO to capitalise on a massive, untapped growth opportunity. Having tested and proven the model, the business now needs to introduce robust, scalable and bullet-proof infrastructure to accommodate the expected growth as well as implement an extensive product and feature roadmap, set to elevate iWazat into the rarefied air of the industry’s uber-elite.
Alongside our in-house recruitment team the Senior Developer will help guide and build an in-house mobile and web technical team, championing best practices, code-guidelines and a culture of excellence and integrity. This is an exciting opportunity for the right Senior Developer to craft and embed an agile development methodology into the beating heart of the business, driving the timely execution of roadmap and release schedules to the sound of rapturous applause, high-fives and the adulation of team mates.
This role is a broad, high visibility and high impact position suited to a truly innovative, and growth-focussed technology executive. The opportunity ahead is significant, and the incoming candidate will have the chance to work from a near blank slate, making the key decisions required to support the business in achieving its aggressive growth plans.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Leading on the the architecture and delivery of an in-house, multi-tenancy platform,
- Participate as a key member of the senior management team to help define and deliver product strategy,
- Ensure scalability and robustness of the platform, identifying and driving continuous improvements,
- Embed an agile software development methodology, taking a lead to ensure a culture of continuous iteration and collaboration flows through the entire organisation,
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices,
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation,
- Share knowledge, work with, and educate the organisation’s investors, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technology vision, opportunities and challenges,
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
The ideal Senior Developer candidate will bring the following experience and attributes:
- DEEP AND BROAD HANDS-ON MOBILE TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE – A very strong and credible technologist, with a background in hands-on software development and ideally demonstrable experience of architecting and delivering highly trafficked web and mobile platforms and applications. Will be innovative, challenge the norm, and will be immersed in the latest technologies and methodologies.
- EXECUTION AND STRATEGY FOCUSSED – Will demonstrate strategic thinking and the ability to understand the ‘bigger picture’ alongside a the proclivity for being hands-on and detail oriented in the day to day delivery.
* PRODUCT SENSIBILITY / APPRECIATION FOR ENGAGING CONSUMER PRODUCTS – Strong understanding of end-user needs and experience of working hand-in glove with product management. Will be focused on using technology as an enabler to deliver an exceptional digital customer experience.
- CULTURE FIT – Entrepreneurial, ambitious, positive, self-starting, creative, challenging, high integrity, down to earth, fun, commercial, transparent, high energy, able to think strategically but also roll up their sleeves.
With potentially the following ‘Nice to have’ experience:
- GROWTH EXPERIENCE – Will have previously scaled and managed high volume and complex technology platforms; will know how to future proof and will be able to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- MEDIA DISTRIBUTION EXPERIENCE – Will ideally have experience of building robust media distribution platforms, including livestreaming and video, or will have operated in a high-traffic eCommerce environment where mobile is a key strategic focus.