Intern Developer WordPress at HOBA Tech
at HOBA Tech in London
HOBA Tech is a BizTech Startup that is the next disrupter in the Enterprise Architecture / Enterprise Application Software markets, based off a proprietary architecture framework and design process written in a book by one of the Founders, and is used in some of the biggest banks and government organisations in the world, yet to hit the market.
HOBA Tech as a startup will offer a range of free information products, paid books, subscription based access to proprietary SaaS software (based off proprietary framework) and paid online and offline training and certification. The two founders have vast experience in Business and Technology Architecture, and startups, and have vast industry contacts keen to become implementation partners.
The next step is to build the corporate website, online and offline training, and MVP up and running and get some initial Users and Clients on the books (B2B and B2C), before fund raising to expand the team and platform and rollout internationally.
The role is responsible to build the design and build the website (initially using Wordpress templates and Add-ons), online learning, videos as well as supporting the hosting of information products (e.g. online assessments and reports, that Users need to register to receive the email and download link, to return to the website to view and download the PDF).
You will be leading all website design. This is your chance to take control of all aspects of the website design – and creation (the founders will provide input) and website look and feel and functionality, working closely with the marketing department on social media, email marketing, enabling and integrating all the necessary add-ins and integrations and analytics (ie social media, payment gateways, traffic analytics, SEO etc.) to support the running of the content calendar and marketing strategy, blogging, and press releases.
You must be a proactive ‘doer’ – someone who is able to manage their time effectively, and get our message, image and brand out in front of our target market in the way it was intended.
The ideal person will have an understanding of what it’s like to work in a startup. You’ll approach tasks in a logical manner, which builds up the sales funnel from awareness, to interest, to decision and help us convert to Action. You should also be comfortable with WordPress and the necessary add-ins and plugins to analysing the necessary data sets to work out what is working, and what is not and how we need to change to be more effective.
- Work directly with Founders on planning the website design, look and feel, features and functionality and sticking to the corporate style guide
- Total autonomy on managing the corporate website design, maintenance and changes
- Work closely with Marketing to execute marketing strategy, campaigns where necessary and appropriate
- Responsible for day-to-day management and optimisation of the website and SEO
- Report on a daily, weekly and monthly basis on website traffic, and campaign and channel performance, providing recommendations and learnings.
- Contribute to/learn other revenue channels
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recent graduate, or 0-1 years experience.
- Great communicator & team player. Quick learner. Gets stuff done.
- Strong commercial instincts. Analytical thinker, data & metrics driven.
- Excited and curious about start-ups and making making a dent
• Highly desirable is an understanding of:
- Wordpress – themes, add-ons, elementor and similar, members area (login etc), landing pages, all types of pop ups to build email/subscribers/subscriptions to convert via email marketing
- Integration – payment (woo commerce or similar), email marketing, social media etc.
- Email marketing system, and integration – mail chimp and/or similar
- LMS Wordpress themes – LearnDash, Lifter LMS, Eduma
- Setting up LMS training programmes
- A/B testing & conversion optimisation, especially of landing pages, ads, email subject lines etc
- Google Analytics
- SEO / Content marketing
• Desirable but not essential:
- Web App (and mobile app) creation
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 2-3 month internship, possible ongoing extensions, depending on performance and company milestones met. Immediate start possible
- Initially remote working from your own place of choice, moving to shared office location when company milestone met (currently based between Shoreditch and Stratford, final location to be determined)
- Initially voluntary work experience moving to £400 per month, to entry level equivalent to above (pending personal and company performance and milestones met).
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates wishing to apply should send a CV and covering letter, detailing why you are a good fit for this role.
*To apply, candidates must be eligible to live & work in the UK.
Recent jobs at HOBA Tech
- Chief Technical Officer (CTO) Co-founder for Biztech Start-up wanted at HOBA Tech in London 15-05-2017
- Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Cofounder for Biztech Start-up wanted at HOBA Tech in London 15-05-2017
- Digital Marketing Intern at HOBA Tech at HOBA Tech in London 16-05-2017