UK Sales Manager
at Tala in London
Tala is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious UK Sales Manager to join a fast-growing design and manufacturing brand in East London. Our mission is to create exquisite products that have a positive impact on the world.
With our UK operations expanding at pace, we are looking for an ambitious, driven and experienced Sales Manager to report directly into the founders. A strong candidate will merge their sales and account or country management background and get-it-done attitude with solid and applicable experience in the sales industry. We need team builders and strategists. Those not able to grab the bull by its horns need not apply.
About the role:
The role will involve, but not be limited to:
• Leading and developing a strong sales team
• Building and executing a cohesive sales strategy
• Managing the sales team, driving performance and hitting ambitious targets
• Identifying opportunities to increase sales. Modify and adjust strategies as needed.
• Maintain brand and product knowledge. Participate in formal and informal product training (both internally and externally). Maintain knowledge of competitive products
• Communicate internally and provide appropriate feedback. Working closely with the Marketing team and especially with Supply Chain for collaborative forecasting.
• Understanding Tala’s tried-and-tested customer journey and implementing this knowledge to nurture relationships with key clients, improving sell-through and growing both our brand and theirs.
• Building a strong partnership program
• Regular meetings and business with new and existing clients. This will often require travel with the UK. We want a healthy mix between architects, lighting designers, interior designers and contract manufacturers in every market where we work.
• Controlling, managing and updating Tala's CRM system.
• Reporting directly to the Co-founders.
• High levels of autonomy and scope for growth within a fast-moving company.
You are a good fit if:
• You are passionate about exquisite products and the environment.
• You have strong project and wholesale sales experience within the lighting industry, especially in an account or country management capacity.
• You have a good knowledge of the market dynamics and trends currently relevant to the lighting industry, and can appreciate Tala’s positioning within this market.
• You want a challenge
• Reliable, self-motivated and know how to solve a problem. We love lateral thinking
• Numerically driven with a strong sense of ownership
• Able to relate to all walks of life, down-to-earth and fun but simultaneously able to mix in with very senior stakeholders from large retailers, lighting showroom owners, architects and interior designers alike.
• You are inspired by the projects you work on and the ideas you implement.
• You are a strong negotiator driving hard but fair deals and you know how to enjoy yourself in the process
• Want to join a fast-moving company with ambitious plans
• You are a good linguist - speaking at least one other European language is a massive bonus. You’ll be joining a multi-lingual team!
Compensation: 45,000-60,000 OTE
Generous Holiday Allowance
Recent jobs at Tala
- Global Partnerships Manager at Tala in London 07-11-2017
- Head of People at Tala in London 21-11-2017
- PR Coordinator at Tala in London 22-11-2017
- Community Manager at Tala in London 22-11-2017
- Sales Support-New Markets at Tala in London 22-11-2017
- Digital Manager at Tala in London 22-11-2017