PRODUCT MANAGER & DEVELOPER
at bySTORED. in London
PRODUCT MANAGER & DEVELOPER
Looking for an out of the ordinary opportunity to work in an inspiring environment where you will get the opportunity to have a major impact on a daily occasion?
bySTORED. launched in May 2014 and has since revolutionised the storage industry. This is however not a conventional storage company. Evening Standard Magazine describe us as “one of London’s sexiest start-ups”, with publications such as Forbes, the Guardian, Glamour and Startups.co.uk all featuring our successful launch.
We are now looking for an exceptional Product Manager & Developer to join our team and to help with the development of our customer facing as well as internal products technical solutions. This is a unique opportunity for a developer with a few years of work experience to grow in to a fully fledged Product Manager with end-to-end responsibility of several highly complex tech platforms.
You will join our entrepreneurial family and use your experiences and expertise to take our fast paced and fast growing London business to the next level.
A successful applicant will have experience from a highly challenging and fast paced work environment in a capacity with wireframing (Balsamiq) and with owning the backlog (Kanban) and have experience working in larger tech teams (~10 people) with the rigor and discipline that involves. A detail oriented yet entrepreneurial mind-set is key, a drive to get things done must come as second nature, whilst always feeling the need to make a difference, be driven and results-oriented.
You will also thrive in a start-up/unconventional company environment and enjoy getting your hands dirty from time to time. Finally, you will want to play a significant role in developing and stamping your mark on an organization that will grow beyond your wildest dreams.
Your overarching role will be to bridge the gap between our founders’ vision, requirements from internal stakeholders (ranging from Operations to Customer Service and Growth teams) and the company’s external and internal tech platforms.
You need to be process-minded and patient to see a vision through to a finished, marketable product.
The Product Manager role combined with the associated wireframing will initially take up ca half your time. For the remaining 50% of the time we have needs across developments (front-end, back-end, mobile and CSS), growth hacking, A/B testing and more – tell us what you can bring to the table to develop the company further!
- Deliver great products: You will be responsible for project management of our tech team to ensure that all our digital products, including customer facing website and our internal web & app platforms. You will cultivate an intimate understanding of the end user, whether it’s our customer or an internal business user. Help us build amazing experiences for our customers.
- Team work: You will work closely with the founders to ensure their vision becomes productified. You will also work closely with the dev team as well as other internal stakeholders throughout all functions to deliver the best products for internal and external stakeholders.
- Development: You will collaborate with the rest of our front-end, back-end, CSS and mobile teams on all new developments. Your key responsibilities will be to lead the development of our KPI toolkit along with fast and agile implementation of growth initiatives. Through your speedy actions we will be able to quickly monitor and evaluate growth initiatives.
- Product ownership: You will drive the entire product lifecycle of our products – from ideation, requirements gathering, design, development, and testing all the way through launch. You will create and maintain the short to mid-term backlog (0-2 months) and work with all relevant stakeholders to ensure sprint objectives are met within our agile development framework.
- You have 1-3 years experience in wireframing products, using tools like Balsamiq.
- You have experience in product management throughout multiple simultaneous teams that are dependent on each other’s deliverables and you have a good understanding on prioritisation. You understand what an MVP is and you can separate between must-haves and nice-to-haves. Jira is your second home.
- UX experience is a bonus.
- Kanban development experience is a bonus.
- You possess a product mentality – able to define goals, consider trade-offs, prioritize accordingly, defend decisions, and drive.
- You exhibit extraordinary organizational and process management skills along with a strong business acumen.
- You feel a strong sense of ownership and are highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have an obvious answer and the motivation to continually iterate and build inspiring products.
- You will maintain a strong balance of both analytical and creative thinking. Data and thorough research are used to clarify and align decisions.
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to help teams and ensure success.
- Other skills that we would find valuable
- Strong SQL experience and experience with BI analytics
- Growth hacking skills (and by hacking we do mean that word in the techiest sense possible!), extrapolating intelligence from our SQL databases to draw valuable conclusions that can help drive the business forward
- A/B testing experience
- Any and all development across Back-end (Java), Front-end (React, PHP), Mobile (React Native), CSS (Bootstrap)
Our offering to you
- Work with the best developers in the industry to create new products that will truly disrupt a global industry.
- Work with founders and the senior management team on a daily basis.
- Work in what the Evening Standard called one of London’s sexiest startups
- Based in High Street Kensington, W8
- Unlimited coffee supply from our in-house baristas
- Potential for stock options in our super fast growing start-up!
Recent jobs at bySTORED.
- Growth Hacker at bySTORED. in London 14-06-2017
- Operations Manager at bySTORED. in London 21-06-2017
- Customer Service Executive at bySTORED. in London 06-07-2017