Software Dev (Computer vision & Robotic) - CTO in a Drone software start-up
at Trik in London
(₤20000 - ₤50000 per year)
Application Deadline: 7 July 2017
The decision will be announced by: 14 July 2017
We are Gettrik is an award-winning drone software start-up funded by the UK government. Our technology, TRIK, was featured on the BBC, Huffington post, etc. We have been working with drone operator and engineering companies throughout the UK. We have been generating revenue since April and we are looking to grow our team fast. We have several part-time and full-time team members, ranging from a post-doc in ORB SLAM to a marketing and UX/UI designer.
What do we do?
TRIK is revolutionizing the structure inspection industry by establishing a new standard of keeping records in a 3D and digital format. We turn thousands of drone images into an interactive 3D model. Users can search for relevant images, annotate and measure distance or area directly from the 3D model.
Who are we looking for?
We value communication in our team. We are looking for someone who is responsible and willing to listen to other’s opinions. We prefer someone who discusses slight risk in delay early on, rather than risk pushing through by yourself.
We prefer someone who is passionate about drones/robotic and computer vision or an all-rounder who willing to dig deep into the subject. We will consider your application if you either have a related degree or experience in creating/modifying computer vision algorithm even with little experience in software development.
(If you have done one project in using OpenCV to track people faces… that doesn’t count)
- Optimise 3D mapping algorithm to work faster and work with our specific requirement (modify from existing open source library and our internal algorithm)
- Working with DJI SDK to generate flight path for drone to map 3D structure
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to work toward the same goal
- Quick learner
- Passionate about drone/robotic and computer vision/3D model
- Knowledge in Computer Vision (ideal if you have done SLAM before) with experience with one or more of the list below: DJI SDK, ROS, Parallel Computing, Computer Vision library; eg. OpenCV, OpenDroneMap, OpenMVG, OpenMVS, SLAM, Eigen, PCL, CUDA
- We offer salary & equity
- Women are highly encouraged to apply!!
- We can’t sponsor a VISA. All applicants need to have the right to stay in the UK.
Recent jobs at Trik
- Software Developer (Computer vision & Robotic) in a Drone start up at Trik in London 30-05-2017
- Software Dev (software + app) - CTO in an award-winning Drone software start-up at Trik in London 20-06-2017
- Software Dev (Desktop software + app) - in an award-winning Drone software start-up at Trik in London 24-06-2017