Software Dev (software + app) - CTO in an award-winning Drone software start-up
at Trik in London
(₤20000 - ₤50000 per year)
Application Deadline: 7 July 2017
The decision will be announced by: 14 July 2017
We are Gettrik is an award-winning drone software start-up funded by the UK government. Our technology, TRIK, was featured on the BBC, Huffington post, etc. We have been working with drone operator and engineering companies throughout the UK. We have been generating revenue since April and we are looking to grow our team fast. We have several part-time and full-time team members, ranging from a post-doc in ORB SLAM to a marketing and UX/UI designer.
What do we do?
TRIK is revolutionizing the structure inspection industry by establishing a new standard of keeping records in a 3D and digital format. We turn thousands of drone images into an interactive 3D model. Users can search for relevant images, annotate and measure distance or area directly from the 3D model.
Who are we looking for?
We value communication in our team. We are looking for someone who is responsible and willing to listen to other’s opinions. We prefer someone who discusses slight risk in delay early on, rather than risk pushing through by yourself.
We want someone who is passionate about drones/robotic and computer vision/AR. We will consider your application if you are a good software developer who can coordinate a highly technical team. You need to be able to do software dev, some app dev, some web maintenance and willing to pick up new knowledge and library along the way. We are looking for an all-rounder. It will involve a lot of computer programming, open source library and create software GUI. Just the ability to code won’t do.
- Create a 3D model viewer software & GUI for desktop and mobile device.
- integrate 3D mapping algorithm into our software/app (modify from existing open source library and our internal algorithm)
- Use DJI SDK to generate flight path for drone in our software/app
- Manage and coordinate the team to work toward the same goal and deadline
- Experience in making software and application
- Quick learner
- Passionate about drone/robotic and computer vision OR 3D model / 3D visualisation / AR
- Knowledge in more than one of the list: Software Software dev. / App dev. / Web Dev. / 3D model / Unity / WebGL / Game dev.
Bonus point if you have knowledge in Robotic or Computer Vision (especially photogrammetry or SLAM): eg. DJI SDK, ROS, Parallel Computing, Computer Vision library; eg. OpenCV, OpenDroneMap, OpenMVG, OpenMVS, SLAM, Eigen, PCL, CUDA
- We offer salary & equity
- Women are highly encouraged to apply!!
- We can’t sponsor a VISA. All applicants need to have the right to stay in the UK.
Recent jobs at Trik
- Software Developer (Computer vision & Robotic) in a Drone start up at Trik in London 30-05-2017
- Software Dev (Computer vision & Robotic) - CTO in a Drone software start-up at Trik in London 20-06-2017
- Software Dev (Desktop software + app) - in an award-winning Drone software start-up at Trik in London 24-06-2017