Backend (Python) Engineer
at iwoca ltd in London
(₤30000 - ₤65000 per year)
A flexible cash flow is critical to the success of any small or mid-sized business. Traditionally, banks have neglected the millions of European SMEs because their processes have been too slow, rigid and costly to serve them effectively. By using cutting-edge technology and harnessing more data, iwoca is rapidly reinventing business finance, developing new ways to provide fast and flexible access to credit, enabling our customers to flourish.
Chris and James launched iwoca in 2012; since then we’ve made tens of thousands of credit decisions and lent over £150m to ten thousand SMEs across UK, Poland, Germany and Spain. Along the way we built a high-tech platform from scratch, won numerous awards and grown a highly cosmopolitan, fun and vibrant team of 130 people based in London. We represent a diverse range of backgrounds and we’re united in our mission to make business finance simple, seamless, and powerful.
We’ve come a long way in the last five years, and yet are just at the start of a journey that promises many more exciting times ahead. We recently closed a £46m funding round, giving us the firepower to accelerate our development. To drive this growth we’re looking for people who are smart, motivated and humble, who want to develop themselves and push the boundaries of their own performance while building a business we can all be really proud of.
About the role:
At iwoca we are dedicated to building the smartest lending platform in the world as we believe that finance should be as simple, seamless and powerful as electricity. We like to work to an Agile-ish processes, which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years.
We are very fortunate to have a passionate and dedicated CTO / Co-founder who ensures that Tech is always at the forefront of the business so the work you do is always valued. You could be doing anything from working on our REST API, asynchronous processing, automated testing patterns or contributing to our underwriting tools.
We could include a load of technical acronyms here and tell you about all the greenfield projects you could be working on, but ultimately it is important for you to know that the environment here is always exciting, challenging and fast-paced. We believe in investing in research to find the best possible outcome.
Therefore we are looking for passionate developers with an eagerness to work in a collaborative environment to build an awesome product that will help SME’s across the world.
We run our Django-powered site on AWS, use asynchronous tools (Twisted, Celery) for time-consuming tasks and scientific libraries (numpy, scipy, pandas) for risk aspects. Application orchestration is done with Docker and Ansible and our monitoring is set up using StatsD, Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience developing in Python (we use Python)*
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (ideally MongoDB and PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of web frameworks (we use Django)
- Demonstrable experience creating robust, clever and scalable applications
- Experience doing it all: designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining
- Ability to manage projects, priorities, deadlines and deliverables (being autonomous is extremely important for us
Recent jobs at iwoca ltd
- Social Media Coordinator at iwoca ltd in London 30-11-2017
- Growth Marketing Manager at iwoca ltd in London 12-12-2017
- Account Manager at iwoca ltd in London 09-01-2018
- Python Engineer at iwoca ltd in London 09-01-2018
- Customer Support Advisor at iwoca ltd in London 09-01-2018
- Data and Risk Engineer at iwoca ltd in London 09-01-2018