at iwoca ltd in London
(₤45000 - ₤70000 per year)
A flexible cash flow is critical to the success of any small or mid-sized business. Traditionally, banks have neglected the millions of European SMEs because their processes have been too slow, rigid and costly to serve them effectively. By using cutting-edge technology and harnessing more data, iwoca is rapidly reinventing business finance, developing new ways to provide fast and flexible access to credit, enabling our customers to flourish.
Chris and James launched iwoca in 2012; since then we’ve made tens of thousands of credit decisions and lent over £150m to ten thousand SMEs across UK, Poland, Germany and Spain. Along the way we built a high-tech platform from scratch, won numerous awards and grown a highly cosmopolitan, fun and vibrant team of 130 people based in London. We represent a diverse range of backgrounds and we’re united in our mission to make business finance simple, seamless, and powerful.
We’ve come a long way in the last five years, and yet are just at the start of a journey that promises many more exciting times ahead. We recently closed a £46m funding round, giving us the firepower to accelerate our development. To drive this growth we’re looking for people who are smart, motivated and humble, want to develop themselves and push the boundaries of their own performance while building a business we can all be really proud of.
About the role:
At iwoca we are dedicated to building the smartest lending platform in the world as we believe that finance should be as simple, seamless and powerful as electricity. We like to work to an Agile-ish processes, which means features or projects go live in days or weeks rather than months or years.
We are very fortunate to have a passionate and dedicated CTO / Co-founder who ensures that Tech is always at the forefront of the business so the work you do is always valued. We use AngularJS for our internal application & React+Redux for our public facing projects, with focus on adhering to ES6 standards. We are practical developers who like to use the best tools for the job rather than the newest, shiniest tools as we believe that performance and code quality are key.
Right now we are developing new features on our in-house Angular application which servers our 100+ operations team. You would be joining a flexible team open to making changes to our current tech stack, so you will have plenty of opportunity to have an input on the direction of the business/product. We believe in investing in research to find the best possible outcome.
We are looking for someone with:
- A good understanding of testing from e2e to unit testing (we use Jasmine, Mocha, Nightwatch, Enzyme etc.)
- Experience in automating tasks, we use Grunt and Gulp
- Experience with CSS3 (including post/pre-processors) and HTML5
- Experience with version control systems, ideally Git
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. Joining our team means you will be working on some cool projects and get the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives. We also help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
We also have the following to all our employees:
- A fantastic, spacious office in central London (Oxford Circus)
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- Pool, Ping Pong, Foosball tables and morning yoga
- Plenty of drinks and snacks (both healthy and less so)
- Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts
- Cycle2Work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running and climbing
- 25 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays, and an extra day+ 1 for your birthday
- Awesome winter and summer retreats for you to work from
Recent jobs at iwoca ltd
- Account Manager at iwoca ltd in London 09-11-2017
- Python Engineer at iwoca ltd in London 09-11-2017
- Customer Support Advisor at iwoca ltd in London 14-11-2017