Lead Web Application Developer / Architect
at This Place Ltd in London
This is an opportunity for a developer with 8 or more years experience to join our development team of 5 developers. Your job will be to lead, guide and inspire a team to build great online products from back-end to front-end. This is a hands-on role, so you should be comfortable getting involved in architecting as well as actually implementing.
At This Place we place a high value on research and development, you’ll have the opportunity to experiment with new technologies and improve your own skills working alongside the rest of the development team.
As a lead developer you must:
- Be comfortable leading a team, guiding them and making technical decisions
- Be able to mentor the team
- Have experience in front-end as well as back-end architecture
- Have experience working in a design and UI/UX environment
- Have experience in single page applications based on Angular
- Pay great attention to detail
- Have experience of working within an agile workflow
- Be passionate about and proud of the work you do
- Knowledge in creating, maintaining and documenting coherent server side and client-side APIs
- Be willing to travel to our overseas offices
Nice to haves would include:
- Stack: Angular and Vanilla JS/CSS/HTML, Python/Django, NodeJs, AWS
- Experience of software testing/TDD
- Some experience of backend development/integration
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM/Java)
- Experience in Hybris
We will expect to see some examples of your experience, such as:
- Examples of some of your work
- Code samples
- GitHub activity
- Blog articles
Salary depending on experience and skill.
About This Place
This Place is a digital studio in Shoreditch, London, Seattle and Tokyo. Our focus is UI/UX and how it can be used to improve digital experience on web, mobile, tablet and wearable devices. Weare passionate about all things digital and enjoy working with a series of influential global brands. In addition to client projects we also focus some of our time on applying our passion to new products and evolving technologies.
What are working on?
Our work is quite versatile. We work on
- our own product, a simplified Design Guideline platform and single source of truth, that helps large organisations streamlining and scaling their design and creation process (think: a simplified confluence optimised for designers and creatives)
- pure front-end deliverables for clients who then integrate it into back ends
- prototypes and user experience studies
- our own (business) ideas if time and budget allows (see MindRDR below for example)
Why This Place?
- Hack Days on every last Friday of the Month where we explore new technologies
- We have experimental innovation projects such as the MindRDR (http://mindrdr.thisplace.com/) which we have open sourced
- We are currently doing research in Blockchain technologies to explore the potential
- We go on a company surprise holiday together once a year – all inclusive!
- Many of our staff organise outside-work events that we undertake together
- Our staff has access to the top of The Gherkin (you can even take friends with you!)
- Standing desks
- We love to attend and WIN hackathons together!
- Friday beers
- Monday team lunches
- Guest talks from external experts
- Knowledge sharing sessions
- Office Pug Percy
- Work environment that encourages coming up with own ideas and potentially turn them into businesses in the future!
In order to show you’ve read the job description properly, please include an answer to this question in your application: There are two points A and B. They are 200km apart. A car drives from A to B at a speed of 100km/h then drives back from B to A at a speed of 60km/h. What was the car’s average speed?