CTO - Fintech - Consumer Friendly Credit
at Kue in London
Kue’s mission is to financially assist every household establish their home and lifestyle.
Kue is a fintech startup engineering a next-generation consumer credit product called Consumer Friendly Credit (CFC). CFC is a simple to understand credit product with no hidden fees or interest that helps consumers safely purchase on credit and responsibly pay back their borrowings. Kue’s key feature is allowing consumers to purchase medium value items in instalments, for example, buying a laptop for £20 per month.
Kue is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), with permission to conduct activity as a Credit Broker and registered as a Small Payment Institution.
Kue’s regulatory authorisation and access to payment networks places the business in a unique R&D position to truly innovate in the consumer credit market. We are currently innovating with different payment mechanisms and analytics to completely reimagine an ecosystem across credit and retail. The stock of lending in the unsecured lending market is £348billion and is presenting a very large opportunity for Kue to partake in.
Find us on:
Kue’s iOS app is currently under review by the Apple Store.
Kue is part of the EF8 cohort at Entrepreneurs First, Europe’s leading seed fund and accelerator.
We are looking for a CTO. That could mean you! A great opportunity to be part of the leadership team, to drive the engineering agenda forward. To build and deliver the best consumer credit platform the world has ever seen.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. We want our customers to love and trust our services. Engineering plays a big part in building that trust.
- Ship prototypes and betas as early as possible – build what customers want
- The best teams know when to be tactical and know when to be strategic
- Data security – “Keep it secret, keep it safe“ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhpauKGgQ4
- High availability – ensuring transactions complete each time
- Eradicate those evil bugs!
- You are a business owner – end to end ownership
Bring out the Kue in you
Your dream is to not only to engineer a large scale fintech platform but also a large business. You love big challenges and you live to build great products that delight customers.
- You are an awesome all rounder, back-end, infrastructure and front-end. You enjoy working across a number of technologies. We use Python Django framework for the back end and React Native for our mobile applications.
- You can attract and manage a superstar engineering team
- You are capable of efficiently organising your team to ship finished products to market
- Strategically develop the SDLC for rapid development, testing and deployment
- You love code, you love getting stuck in by writing clean, testable, secure and high performance code
- Good knowledge of relational databases, data models and SQL
- Building APIs for mobile and web applications
- Highly detailed, you have those eagle eyes on the quality of product
- Care about the safety of customers’ data
- Strong communicator
- Organised strategic player, rank priorities and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with start-up interruptive madness
- Love solving a wide range of complex problems
Would be a plus but not required
- Working knowledge or R&D in big data and artificial intelligence – HDFS, ML, Kafka streaming
- Analytical infrastructures
- Dev ops experience deploying to EC2 on AWS using continuous integration
CTO focus points:
You will be working closely with the CEO to drive the business forward. Your areas of focus in the near term is as follows:
- Mobile app – Kue (extending functionality)
- Mobile app & SDK – distribution partners
- Engineering for web app (credit providers & distribution partners)
- Building an engineering team
- Payment flows and payment testing
- SDLC coding practices
- Product usage analytics – funnel, retention, engagement
- Customer analytics and credit scoring R&D
- Credit provider analytics – working closely with our credit providers
- Distribution partner analytics
- AI R&D – fraud/credit decisions/retail discounts
Team Kue brings the best out of each other. We learn, influence and contribute towards Kue and each others’ hyper-growth. We are intensely passionate about what we do and we love doing it. We are creative thinkers, we are efficient organised doers, we are open talkers, we are caring honest givers, we feel responsible and together, we will make a meaningful and large impact.
About the CEO – Saul Frank
Over 8 years banking, tech and analytics experience. Fintech product design, forming teams, BD & partnerships, big data, analytics & engineering for scale and security.
Senior Data analyst – Sainsbury’s big data project. Managed a team of data analysts and data engineers to build Sainsbury’s real-time analytical capability. Covered till transactions, online transactions, promotions, pricing and product across the UK for ranging and marketing innovation.
Head of Information Services RBS. Designed information products for one of the UK’s largest digital channels with £3trillion in payment flow.
Associate Director in Debt Product Management team at RBS. Analytics and senior management decision support for one of the largest UK’s commercial lending book, managing £110bn, about one third of UK stock of commercial lending.
Co-founder YayPay, Inc. Accounts receivable service for US SMEs. Outsourced collections and integrated ACH payments. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/yaypay-inc#/entity
Hobby project is www.callupcontact.com an online telephone directory with 5million viewers per year.
More info at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saul-frank-97686b12/