Senior Firmware Engineer (paid + equity)
at Switchee Ltd in London
(₤40000 - ₤60000 per year)
Opportunity for a talented embedded system firmware developer to join a well-funded London based IoT startup focused on residential property tech
Switchee is a connected homes / IoT start up founded 3 years ago. We are in commercial trial phase for the first ever smart thermostat designed for landlords and are scaling up our team to meet significant customer demand. We currently have a full-time team of ten. We have a highly capable, academically accomplished and driven hardware, firmware and commercial team and are looking for an outstanding embedded system firmware developer to expand our engineering team.
At the core of our proposition is data, collected through a hardware device we have built in-house, which we use to deliver savings to both residents and landlords. Our first market is UK social housing where we have a social mission to combat fuel poverty. As well as reducing energy bills, we help landlords cut maintenance costs by helping to detect issues such as boiler faults and mould growth.
As a firmware engineer it will be your responsibility to architect, design and implement solutions that run on our hardware platform. The platform comprises sensors, a microcontroller than controls the system and the user’s heating system, advanced communications such as GSM, WiFi and Zigbee and various supporting components. This work is at the core of our business. You will be building on our existing applications developed for a PIC microcontroller and helping to port them to ARM.
We are looking for someone with drive and a creative mind capable of solving complex problems in a neat, simple and reliable fashion. You will work closely with the CTO and Head of Product and alongside our current firmware engineer (as a peer) who specialises in PIC microcontrollers and has written our current applications. A key part of your brief will be to incorporate user feedback into the development of our core offering.
YOU MUST HAVE:
• A desire to work with others in developing complex products
• A passion for writing reliable firmware at pace
• Excellent C, C# or C++ skills
• ARM experience (including RTOS)
• At least 5 years experience coding firmware
• Proven experience in developing for embedded systems
• Hands-on system bring-up, testing, and debugging skills
• An ability to work independently
• PIC microcontroller experience
• A strong academic background (2.1 or above from a leading university)
• Experience working with GSM, WiFi or other WAN communications protocols
• Experience working with Zigbee, ZWave or Sub-GHz local communications protocols
• Experience working in IoT or at the software/hardware interface
• A background in social housing or energy efficiency
WE WILL OFFER
The opportunity to make a massive impact in one of the most exciting property tech startups and:
• A competitive salary
• Options scheme
• Freedom to work flexibly in a way that suits you
• A great team and central London office (Piccadilly Circus)
For more information or to submit a CV please contact the CEO: Adam Fudakowski
PLEASE – NO RECRUITERS AT THIS TIME