Product Development Director / CTO for IoT hardware company
at Switchee Ltd in London
Opportunity for an exceptional Product Development Director / CTO to join a well-funded London based IoT statup focused on residential property tech
Switchee is a connected homes / IoT start up founded 2.5 years ago. We are rolling out the first ever smart thermostat designed for landlords and are scaling up our team to meet significant customer demand. We have a highly capable, academically accomplished and driven hardware, firmware and commercial team comprising 10 people.
At the core of our proposition is data, collected through a hardware device we have built in-house, which we use to deliver savings to both residents and landlords. Our first market is UK social housing where we have a social mission to combat fuel poverty. As well as reducing energy bills, we help landlords cut maintenance costs by helping to detect issues such as boiler faults and mould growth.
This is a rare opportunity to become a Product Development Director of a high growth IoT startup. Due to family circumstances, our Technical co-founder is stepping away from the business. We are seeking an exceptional C-level individual to replace him, deliver our product strategy and lead the design & engineering team.
You will have full responsibility for architecting our next generation products as well as day to day line management of our department teams in Software (2 in-house), Firmware (2 in-house), Electronics (currently outsourced) and Industrial Design (currently outsourced). You will report directly into the CEO.
Due to the mixed nature of the team, ideal individuals for this position will have a varied skill set in Agile management with a good understanding of product design, software (.Net frameworks), Firmware (C++) and Electronics design.
YOU MUST BE:
• Experienced in developing products from creative concept phase to market ready
• Extremely tech savvy with ability to interpret complex information and articulate clearly to technical / non-technical people
• A great manager with experience of Agile methodologies
• A very sharp mind, with an ability to see the details as well as the big strategic perspective
• A solid track record working for a leading product design company (Dyson, Fitbit, Hive etc)
• A strong academic background (2.1 or above from a leading university)
• Experience working in IoT or at the software/hardware interface
• A background in social housing or energy efficiency
WE WILL OFFER
The opportunity to make a massive impact in one of the most exciting property tech startups and:
• A competitive salary
• Generous equity stake
• Freedom to work flexibly in a way that suits you
• A great team and central London office (Piccadilly Circus)
*For more information or to submit a CV please contact the CEO: Adam F
PLEASE – NO RECRUITERS AT THIS TIME
Recent jobs at Switchee Ltd
- Senior Firmware Engineer (paid + equity) at Switchee Ltd in London 03-10-2017
- Financial controller / bookkeeper (flexible) at Switchee Ltd in London 05-10-2017