Head of Product Development
at Tailwise in London
Tailwise is an early stage startup with a big mission. We’re looking for a talented, dog loving, full-stack Head of Product Development to join us on our journey to make Tailwise a dog’s best friend.
WHO WE ARE
Tailwise is an early stage startup with a big ambitious goal to revolutionise how people buy and manage their dogs. We believe that all dogs deserve long, healthy lives in loving homes and we are working hard to make it a reality.
We are building a state of the art technology platform for dog buyers to find and buy their perfect pet, support dog owners as they go about raising their new dog and give registered dog breeders an easy way to verify and manage their customers. By connecting people with the right dog and trusted breeders we are putting an end to inhumane and unethical puppy farming.
We’re excited about building a diverse, unique and talented team of fellow dog lovers and would love you to join the team.
Tailwise is a young tech startup looking to grow quickly, if you love dogs this is a huge opportunity to get in at the ground floor, joining two founders who have both come from successful venture backed startups and are experts in their respective fields of business development and product.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Head of Product Development at Tailwise, you will play a key role in the definition of the product, have ownership over the engineering functions and be responsible for building a strong, technical team to compliment the product offering.
Initially you will spend most of your time dedicated to the setup of the platform and the development of a stable, feature filled product – migrating from an existing MVP. You will be the sole full-stack engineer however we expect the role to shift to more of a leadership role quickly as the business raises and evolves. As a tech company, we firmly believe that our product development team will be the core of our business and we’re looking for someone to lead that vision.
- Experience running and establishing an agile / scrum environment
- Be interested and engaged in the product development process
- Enthusiastic about working closely with founders and other team members to help define the product and the business
- User focused and able to view the product through the critical eyes of the user at any time
- Confident with full stack web and mobile development
- Be able to choose the most appropriate, scalable languages and frameworks for an early stage product
- A keen eye for testing, performance and tidy code
- Able to mentor, manage and delegate tasks effectively to other team members
- Be seen as the thought leader within the business on all tech and engineering matters
- A strong communicator, who listens and shows empathy to users and colleagues alike
- A problem solver through and through. Able to identify the information needed to clarify a situation and use a systematic approach to come up with a logical solution.
- Have a keen business acumen and be able to understand the balance between business requirements and development or product requirements
- Five or more years experience as a software engineer
- Knowledgeable of a range of modern web or mobile frameworks, e.g. Angular, React, Rails, Django, iOS, Android
- Experience and deep understanding of cloud hosting, AWS and other common technical infrastructure
- Opportunity to become a key player at a unique, value driven startup
- Work from home (or wherever you like)
- Share options in the company
- A great holiday policy
- A future dog friendly office
- Salary dependent on experience
Recent jobs at Tailwise
- Marketing Intern (Dog Startup) at Tailwise in London 10-08-2017