Senior Sales Manager
at Linkilaw in London
(₤25000 - ₤40000 per year)
Linkilaw is the legal platform for startups – we provide quality legal assistance to startups at an affordable price!
Started in 2015, Linkilaw has quickly gained traction and become a leader in the provision of smart legal services to small businesses in the UK. In early Summer 2017, Linkilaw acquired LawyerFair, a legal marketplace founded by Andrew Weaver in 2014.
Linkilaw has been featured in numerous publications including Forbes, TechCrunch, TechCity UK, Inc. Magazine and the Huffington Post. We are a small (and fast growing) team of 10+ people.
We are looking for a Senior Sales Manager to join the team and grow sales. We want a driven sales person, who is hungry to close deals without cutting integrity corners. You will be transparent, honest and have the client’s best interest at the heart of the sale. We want someone who is persuasive, clear communicator, knowledgeable, able to think on your feet and listen well. We are incredibly confident in what we are offering our clients, and the product offering and service delivery speaks for itself. You need to be a hunter to grow opportunities, work closely to listen to clients needs and ensure your sales quota is reached.
Your duties will include:
1. Carrying out initial consultations with businesses and potential clients through phone calls and face to face meetings, to outline the services that Linkilaw provides.
2. Take responsibility for presenting proposals, and outlines of work to be carried out in a clear, professional and personable manner.
3. Take part in roundtable events, workshops, seminars and small conferences for SMEs and Startups that we organise to grow our monthly ongoing clients through this work.
4. Attend conferences, exhibitions, and events to identify and meet potential partners. A number of these may be overseas as well as in the UK (e.g. WebSummit, SXSW).
5. Use social media through social selling to amplify and draw further attention to the work Linkilaw is doing through events to further drum up and grow interest amongst SME’s.
6. Work alongside other team members and external partners and stakeholders.
7. To contribute to the wider strategy of Linkilaw, and to bring forward ideas for improvement and growth demonstrating a can-do attitude.
The ideal candidate will identify with our values, but also:
- Have impressive communication skills, with the ability to build bridges quickly, assess opportunities, inspire and engage businesses to become clients of Linkilaw.
- Is sharp and commercially-minded, with strong business acumen. You will be responsible for growing the revenue base through consultations, calls and presenting proposals.
- Is an excellent writer; persuasive and engaging in your tone. This will be essential in helping to communicate with your client base.
- Is passionate about startups, helping businesses grow, and able to position the benefit that transparent and cost effective legal work can have.
- Has the ability to develop relationships and partnerships, build bridges and enable a longevity of relationship. Has the ability to work well within a team; and balances the need to be personally ambitious, yet focused on collective and group-wide growth.
- Is able to manage, mentor and work closely with interns who will support the sales work and the events team. To be clear on how to motivate them and be able to draw the best out of them.
- Has the capacity to be a self-starter, entrepreneurial in outlook. Not needing to be hand-held through decisions, but where trust, authority and support is given, is able to take responsibility to grow revenue.
- Is able to model emotional intelligence to a wider team, demonstrating and living out the Linkilaw values.
- Having legal experience is an advantage, though if there is no legal experience, then being a fast learner is essential.
Our Values Are So Important To Us.
If They Speak To You Too, You May Have Found Your Perfect Role.
1. HIT Value- Honesty, Integrity, Transparency – You are honest with yourself, with Linkilaw, and with others because you understand that’s the best way to build solid and lasting relationships. – You are honest even when it hurts because no one ever solved a problem by covering it up. – Your values and that of Linkilaw are not negotiable and you continuously uphold yourself and the team to them. – You say things about team members you would say to their face and do not involve others unnecessarily.
2. Communicate Fearlessly – You listen more than you speak, as listening is the most important part of communication. – You articulate what you mean clearly, relentlessly and in a non-judgemental manner. – You stay calm in stressful situations and value open communication over being right. – You say what you think even in controversy, and you do so with tact and respect of others.
3. Love Ourselves and Love our Customers – You act out of love and not out of fear, knowing that perfect love drives fear away. – You take loving, healthy and balanced decisions towards yourself and others. – You love your customers and seek to deliver an incredible and seamless experience of Linkilaw each time. – Life is too short not to spread love in everything you do. You work with care because you love your work.
4. Never Stop Learning – You always have more to learn, and you seek to improve your knowledge through everything you do. – You seek to understand your customers, your partners and your team through eager curiosity. – You learn as much from life as you do from books, learning to advance your personal development rather than your CV. – You learn from your mistakes and admit them promptly.
5. Efficiency – You make everyday count by creating and delivering amazing work. – You work smart overworking hard, focussing on creating a real impact rather than flattering your ego or that of someone else. – You work with awareness, ensuring your work creates impact and you have the judgment to make changes to increase impact. – You consistently work hard and your teammates can depend and rely on you.
6. Live with Resilience, Embrace Brilliance – You persevere in moments of hardship because you know excellence takes hard work. – You challenge assumptions supported by data and facts, present and implement solutions. – You allow and are open to whatever comes your way, acknowledging that lessons come from challenges – You inspire others through your self-motivation, resilience, and tenacity.
7. Think for Yourself, Think as a Team – You prioritise what is best for Linkilaw, rather than yourself. – You seek to be efficient by first working through things yourself, and then asking others. You help your team. – You show wisdom in your decisions, seeking to get things done rather than making things perfect. – You know that there are no problems, just solutions, and that people can always improve but never be blamed. Responsibility is always collective.
Recent jobs at Linkilaw
- Business Development Intern at Linkilaw in London 21-07-2017