at Makers Academy in London
(₤25000 - ₤30000 per year)
Everyone deserves a job they love. Makers Academy re-trains people as software developers, then helps them find that job.
You deserve a job you love. We’ve got one for you.
You’ll help us to mentor potential students and convert applications into paying customers.
You want to be more than just a salesperson or a conversion bot: you love finding creative ways to sell products and services; you can see there’s a problem with digital skills education and you’re excited to form part of the solution; and you want a platform to accelerate your growth as a person and a professional.
You’re collaborative yet autonomous and enjoy being given clear targets and the freedom to develop your own tactics. You’re obsessed with understanding your customers, playful in your attempts to deliver to their needs and a superbly empathetic communicator.
You’ll have complete freedom to act in a way that you believe is the best for the company. You’ll have a genuine say in the way the business is run, and the environment in which you work. You’ll be encouraged to identify problems and solve them; and to seek out new opportunities and pursue them.
About THE JOB:
This role involves:
- Reviewing, processing and managing all applications and enquiries to join Makers Academy as a student;
- Interviewing and mentoring applicants through an ever changing Onboarding process;
- Planning and forecasting how to grow the numbers of paying customers every four weeks.
When doing (1) you’ll be:
- One of the first points of contact at Makers Academy for the student and be able to answer any of their questions with confidence.
- Be able to provide continuous support to everyone who is taking the journey with us to learn to code.
- Vetting applications and ensuring that the quality of people coming into our community is always increasing.
When doing (2) you’ll be
- The friendly voice on the end of the phone to help any incoming enquiries.
- Reviewing some code (we’ll train you!) with applicants and understanding if they have the ‘Maker-mindset’.
- Helping our community make the most of what we have to offer.
When doing (3) you’ll be:
- Ensuring we’re collecting the right data at the right time.
- Co-ordinating with other teams across the business to ensure we’re going in the right direction.
- Looking forward and having projections that match the requirements from the business.
Some other skills or experience that would be nice to have:
- You’ll be speaking and emailing a lot of people – having experience in this would be amazing.
- There’s a lot of people trying to join our course – being super organised is a skill that’s your best friend.
- We use a bunch of tech to help us be efficient – any experience in customer support wouldn’t go amiss
- It would be great if you had at least some understanding of tech / tech education / the tech industry, but it’s not a dealbreaker.
- Working in a company that’s exploring how alternative management systems can help us achieve our ambitions;
- Growing as a person, by learning radical transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, ‘non-violent communication’ ( click to read more ), perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- Able to join yoga and meditation sessions run for the students ( click to read more );
- A Perkbox account, including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of incredibly smart, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each other.
Location: Our academy in Spitalfields, London.
Salary: We’ll make a negotiable offer, depending on previous (relevant) experience. After you’ve passed your probation, you’ll be able to set your own salary ( click to read more ).
Hours: You choose.
Holiday: Unlimited, paid.
Management: Makers Academy is a company built on trust, rather than fear (read more on our CEO’s blog ).