Head of Compliance & MLRO
at GoCardless in London
Drive the compliance agenda at a cutting-edge, dynamic and high-growth fintech company.
GoCardless processes billions in payments each year. Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries – and so will we. We have a duty to the regulator, our merchants and their customers to treat their funds and their data with the utmost care.
The legal and compliance team are at the forefront of GoCardless’ expansion – both domestically and abroad, and must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains innovative and appropriate processes and controls.
You will be responsible for the culture of compliance within GoCardless. You will take a consultative approach and work closely with every business division to implement and manage an innovative and practical, yet thorough, compliance programme.
You will work collaboratively with our Head of Legal, COO and external advisors.
Some of the main elements of the role will involve:
- Surveying and interpreting our regulatory, legal and broader risk landscape, both domestically and internationally.
- Being the ultimate point of escalation for AML issues.
- Working with VPs across the business to establish and execute a world-class compliance framework, monitoring and training programme.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of the programme.
- Constantly driving for improvement in efficiency and risk management.
- Championing and driving adoption of industry standard certifications, where appropriate.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for someone with experience in a regulated financial institution, or other corporate, and who is passionate about moving to a fast-paced fintech startup. You will be driven and able to work independently, while taking a consultative approach in an area that can be seen as inhibitive to business.
You may be a mid-level lawyer looking for an exciting new challenge, or an experienced AML professional, looking to shape the compliance function at a growing company.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a compliance team at a regulated company or corporate.
- You have experience in drafting, implementing and rolling out compliance plans, frameworks and policies across a company or department.
- Your risk radar is finely tuned.
- Your communication skills are first class, and you are able to distil complex and cumbersome regulation into understandable English.
- You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding young company.
Bonus points if:
- You’ve helped to establish, or have seen a compliance function established.
- You have knowledge of FCA requirements.
- You have experience of submitting updates to the FCA and/or HMRC.
- You have experience of an international compliance programme.
This role would ideally suit someone with experience in a large compliance team, who is looking to implement a compliance function at a younger, high-performing company. However, we recognise that the most talented people can have the most unusual backgrounds, so if you’re unsure, please apply. The role will be based in London and we will consider both full time and part time applicants.
Recent jobs at GoCardless
- Accounts Executive, Inside Sales: UK at GoCardless in London 27-06-2017
- Partnerships Development Manager at GoCardless in London 05-10-2017
- Account Executive, Enterprise at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Director of Deman Generation at GoCardless in London 30-11-2017
- Senior Partnerships Success Manager at GoCardless in London 01-12-2017
- Customer Success Manager at GoCardless in London 01-12-2017
- Business Operations & Strategy Associate at GoCardless in London 20-12-2017
- Senior Account Executive at GoCardless in London 20-12-2017
- Compliance Analyst at GoCardless in London 17-01-2018
- Marketing Ops Executive at GoCardless in London 22-01-2018
- Compliance Analyst (French speaking) at GoCardless in London 22-01-2018