Developer Support Engineer
at GoCardless in London
We’re looking for an enthusiastic problem-solver for our Developer Support team. You’ll help us to deliver legendary support to the external developers building on our API. Our powerful – and well documented – API is the core of our product and the Developer Support team is the fundamental liaison between our engineering team and our customers as we scale and work with bigger partners and integrators.
We’ll support you to find better ways to work, and empower you to make the changes. At GoCardless, if you find something broken, you fix it. We trust you to make that happen.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you will delve into the product on a technical level and assist external developers with their GoCardless integrations. We’ve recently rebuilt our API from the ground up based on everything we’ve learned over the past few years, and you’ll be responsible for understanding every detail of how it works. You’ll also be working with other technical Operations processes such as risk detection and our integrations with banking systems.
On a normal day, you’ll be:
- Working as part of a close-knit team to provide legendary support.
- Working with our Engineering team to find and make improvements to how we work
- Talking with developers by email or phone and helping them to build well-designed integrations with our API
- Making sense of errors, finding the cause and working out how to stop them happening
- Writing and editing documentation and training materials
- Learning about new technologies and subjects
*Along the way you’ll work on a variety of interesting projects, such as: *
- Helping customers migrate from our legacy API to the our newest version.
- Working with our Risk & Compliance team to design processes to work smarter.
- Building integrations with other systems, like Zendesk, to make life smoother for our customers and our support team.
Why you want to join the Developer Support team:
- You will have exposure to the technical side of our API while working in a collaborative environment with departments across GoCardless.
- You’ll have a perfect blend of client-facing and technically challenging work.
- You’ll be constantly learning about new technologies and subjects.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You love solving problems.
- You have heaps of initiative, enthusiasm, and patience.
- You make smart choices, and prioritise well.
- You have experience supporting an API.
- Any knowledge of one of these languages would be helpful: Java, PHP, Ruby, Python. SQL knowledge is a definite plus.
- A degree in a computing subject or equivalent experience would be desirable
- You have superb written and spoken English.
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds, and we look forward to adding yours to the mix.
In your cover letter, tell us what makes you a good fit for this role. Also, send us a link to some API docs that you think are well done, and explain why you think they are good, and a link to your Github if you have one!
Recent jobs at GoCardless
- Accounts Executive, Inside Sales: UK at GoCardless in London 27-06-2017
- Partnerships Development Manager at GoCardless in London 05-10-2017
- Account Executive, Enterprise at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Director of Deman Generation at GoCardless in London 30-11-2017
- Senior Partnerships Success Manager at GoCardless in London 01-12-2017
- Customer Success Manager at GoCardless in London 01-12-2017
- Business Operations & Strategy Associate at GoCardless in London 20-12-2017
- Senior Account Executive at GoCardless in London 20-12-2017
- Compliance Analyst at GoCardless in London 17-01-2018
- Marketing Ops Executive at GoCardless in London 22-01-2018
- Compliance Analyst (French speaking) at GoCardless in London 22-01-2018