Customer Happiness Representative
at Midrive in London
Midrive uses smart tech to make first-time driving and first-time insurance easy, flexible, and affordable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning start-up in the Customer Happiness Team supporting an innovative product range, including mobile apps, an e-commerce marketplace and a groundbreaking insurance offering.
We offer a comprehensive toolkit for learner drivers: Midrive features progress tracking, feedback from your instructor and online lesson-booking, guidance and support throughout your entire journey. We’ve recently taken this captured market a step further, providing our own PAYG, fully regulated, hourly insurance product. Rather than being difficult or complicated to sign up, it’s as simple as any other app on your phone.
It’s proving incredibly successful. Recently, we were honoured to be named ‘Digital Business of the Year’ by the Federation of Small Businesses and #19 in the Start-up 100, an annual ranking of the most game-changing and exciting new businesses launched in the last three years. We’ve raised £5m to date from corporate, angel and VC investors, and over 300,000 learners have gained their independence with us.
Love to solve problems and make a difference? At Midrive, the UK’s #1 app for learning to drive comes with the UK’s best customer support. Trustworthy troubleshooting and skilled advice are just part of the equation — we want our customers to be happy with every interaction they have with us.
We’re seeking a talented Customer Happiness Representative to join our Customer Happiness team and make a major contribution to our success. We’re looking for someone who can:
- Show great professionalism and empathy responding to customer and instructor inquiries via phone, email and online chat.
- Gain experience across a wide range of operational issues including process design, critical path management, and accounting/billing.
- Solve tricky problems ranging from technical issues to product requests, to pricing and refunds.
- Provide feedback to our development team, share product ideas, and help our business grow.
- Work across our Customer Happiness and Partnerships team.
- Be given a lot of responsibility.
- Be part of a fun, young, ambitious team, based in a beautiful new startup office
What you’ll be doing:
- Making sure our learners are on the road as soon as possible
- Ensuring our database is up to date
- Working with our partner instructors to facilitate driving lessons
- Help meet aggressive sales targets
What we’re looking for:
- Flexible working – this role is shift based and will include evening and weekend shifts
- Ideally, 1-2 years of telephone and email based customer support experience, or alternatively a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2:1 and a demonstrated record of achievement.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving, helping others and going above and beyond.
- High level of initiative and comfort working in a small dynamic company/startup environment.
- Attention to detail, good basic maths, and creative skills (to help our finance and marketing teams during quiet periods).
- Ability to thrive and grow as our products and company evolves.
- A passion for making UK roads safer — we are on a crusade to reinvent learner driving and insurance!
At Midrive, we believe it’s the people that work here that makes us successful. We are a startup with big ambitions and we work hard so we want to give our people benefits that they really want. We’re constantly adding to this as new people join but here’s a list of the sorts of things you can expect:
- Vibrant working environment
- An office in the heart of Shoreditch
- Stocked fridge for Friday beers (or Gin!)
- Fun social events – recent adventures have included escape rooms, comedy clubs
- Regular guest speakers and networking events
- Puppy friendly office – if you have a furry friend, feel free to bring them into the office
- Up to 2 weeks unpaid leave per year to pursue personal projects (additional to standard holiday allowance)
Salary is subject to candidate and experience.
Please apply online directly
We are not working with any staffing firms or agencies and will not be accepting CVs from them