Head of Engineering
at SuperAwesome in London
SuperAwesome (@GoSuperAwesome) is the largest kids’ digital media platform in the world, reaching over 400M kids each month across mobile, web and online video. The company’s technology powers the global kids’ digital media ecosystem, ensuring kid-safe advertising, safe-social, family authentication and COPPA compliance for hundreds of brands and agencies around the world including LEGO, Warner Bros, Hasbro, Disney, Nintendo, Cartoon Network and many others.
- AwesomeAds is the industry’s leading kid-safe, COPPA-compliant ad platform used by hundreds of brands and agencies in the UK, US, Australia and Southeast Asia.
- REX is the world’s first and only kid-safe, compliant programmatic solution empowering brands to engage with kids via their existing programmatic infrastructure while remaining fully compliant with COPPA and GDPR.
- PopJam is the world’s leading kid-safe social content platform used by top brands and YouTubers in the US, UK and Canada including Nintendo, Disney, Kellogg’s and many others.
- Kids Web Services (KWS) provides compliance-as-a-service tools for kids’ content creators and is used by companies like Hasbro, Hachette and Walker Books to power international, kid-safe sites and apps.
The Head of Engineering will take ownership of scaling our engineering people operations, building and maintaining an extraordinary team of 20+ engineers and enabling us to deliver on our company mission. Focussed on hiring, training and retaining the best possible engineers you will have a key role in the success of SuperAwesome.
You will have extensive experience scaling engineering teams in a fast-growing environment, be passionate about making them better and bring a wealth of engineering knowledge to the company.
- Build the best possible engineering team
- Lead the Engineering Vision, practices and processes
- Ensure we have the right engineering resources in place to deliver on our company mission and product vision
- Create and maintain a premier learning culture using internal and external resources to level up the team
- Teach, mentor and lead the engineers in the company, providing them with the required support to grow
- Drive the performance across the business by clearly aligning personal objectives with company OKRs
- Take ownership of key technology projects, leading the team to the most promising solutions
- At least 5 years of engineering management in a high-growth company
- At least 5 years of prior experience in software development
- Successfully managed and grown engineering organisations of 40+ engineers
- Experience coordinating execution of complex projects and collaborating multi-functionally with other areas of product development: product management, design, marketing, etc
- Hands-on experience scaling complex technical systems of a worldwide scale
- Proven excellent communicator
- You are a natural problem solver
- You’re remarkably well organised
- You’re deeply driven and passionate
- You thrive on the wins of your team
- You think logically, even under pressure, and come up with innovative solutions to problems
You’ll be joining a rapidly growing team having recently closed their Series B investment with a lot of experience, a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. You’ll have a genuine opportunity to learn and grow through clear direction and hands on mentorship from an experienced Senior Management team. You’ll also get hands on experience leading our communities and reporting insights to the wider team and clients
Salary and package will be competitive and commensurate with experience.