Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
at GoCardless in London
Joining our Pre-sales team you will be the primary technical lead in our engagements with prospects and potential partners. You will also help qualify, shape and close new business by providing technical input and oversight on our most exciting new opportunities whilst working alongside our Sales and Partnerships teams.
Whether it is helping design a new integration with one of our Billing or CRM partners that would be used by thousands of their customers, or assisting with the API integration and billing and payment process with a large prospect, there is a need for you to take a leading role in technical conversations.
Your day to day will focus on everything from evangelising on the capability of GoCardless, assisting with due diligence on our platform, helping with architecture and integration requirements as well as bringing market insight and trends back to share with our Product teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a strong working relationship with the prospect’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through his/her deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Manage and lead the prospect or potential partner throughout the evaluation process and ensure a deal’s technical close
- Work closely with the Accounts team and/or Partnerships Development Manager to align the technical requirements and the solution design with the prospect’s business drivers and demonstrate unique value
- Working with the Product team to deliver product presentations and demonstrations tailored to prospect’s or potential partner’s requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience working with your peers in
- Sales, Product and Marketing.
- Develop and run demos with a clear plan to take the audience successfully through the evaluation process and turn them into a happy customer or partner
- Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses and technical architecture solutions
We’re looking for someone with
- Proven technical pre-sales experience within a software company, (SAAS experience would be desirable, not essential).
- An excellent understanding of APIs and the ability to lead architecture discussions around API integration.
- Be able to articulate complex technical issues and solutions to non-technicals and to establish trust & credibility with prospective customers.
- Understanding of APIs.
- Experience building and delivering demos independently and effectively in face to face and web meetings.
- Good working functional knowledge of enterprise software solutions preferred, e.g. ERP, CRM, Billing
- High proficiency in written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills in English ( ideally also French speaking but not essential).
- Experience with customer-facing activities and influencing key decision makers.
- A willingness to work collaboratively across all areas of the business and be passionate about GoCardless’ continued growth.
Recent jobs at GoCardless
- Accounts Executive, Inside Sales: UK at GoCardless in London 27-06-2017
- Head of Compliance & MLRO at GoCardless in London 06-09-2017
- Developer Support Engineer at GoCardless in London 06-09-2017
- Sales Enablement Manager at GoCardless in London 06-09-2017
- Legal Counsel at GoCardless in London 07-09-2017
- Risk Analyst at GoCardless in London 07-09-2017
- Sales Development Rep Inbound: France at GoCardless in London 07-09-2017
- Head of Partner Marketing at GoCardless in London 12-09-2017
- Customer Support Manager at GoCardless in London 12-09-2017
- Partnerships Success Manager - Global at GoCardless in London 12-09-2017
- Management Accountant at GoCardless in London 27-09-2017
- Senior Account Executive at GoCardless in London 27-09-2017
- Sales Development Rep: Germany at GoCardless in London 03-10-2017
- Director of Demand Generation at GoCardless in London 03-10-2017
- France Marketing Manager at GoCardless in London 03-10-2017
- Field Account Executive at GoCardless in London 03-10-2017
- Head of UK Sales Development at GoCardless in London 03-10-2017
- Senior Partnerships Success Manager at GoCardless in London 05-10-2017
- Senior Partnerships Development Manager at GoCardless in London 05-10-2017
- Partnerships Development Manager at GoCardless in London 05-10-2017
- Regulatory Affairs Speacialist at GoCardless in London 06-10-2017
- Senior Risk Analyst at GoCardless in London 25-10-2017
- Personal Assistant at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Customer Success Manager at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Sales Development Rep: Spain at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- UK Sales Development Lead at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Developer Support Engineer at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Onboarding Analyst at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017
- Account Executive, Enterprise at GoCardless in London 16-11-2017