at Land Insight in London
(₤40000 - ₤50000 per year)
We’re a startup based on Old Street in London, close to ‘Silicon Roundabout’. We’re taking on a big challenge: ‘The Housing Crisis’ but we have the team, skills, experience and vision to pack a heavyweight punch.
We use cutting edge technology to crack open the land market like a prize winning lobster. This enables housebuilders – ranging from one-man-bands through to the big PLCs – to build a pipeline of development opportunities. Our vision to create greater simplicity, transparency and collaboration in property development is backed by the same investors behind Love Film, TransferWise, Zoopla, Shazaam and Property Partner. Real issues, real tech, underpinned by a real economic opportunity.
We hold it in high importance to build a great team. In working for us you’ll be in constant contact with the company founders, so you’ll be in an environment where you can learn about the conception of and running of a startup company that is scaling up. More so, you’ll be invited into the vision. Adopt our (proverbial) child, and help to mould and grow it. In return, we’ll stretch you and give you the space to thrive.
It is important for our employees to be people we want to spend a lot of time sitting next to and therefore we’ve often found ourselves parting company to hit the last tube when work turned into dinner or a beer. London is a great city, it should be part of what makes your life here good, so we have flexible working hours should you want that odd indulgent. We back this up by investing in it through our staff equity program as well as a full-team sales commission and health perks. We are Land Aid ambassadors and regularly undertake fun activities to raise money for the homeless across the UK.
So who do we expect you to be?
- You want to understand a start-up business, the challenges and be proactive in coming up with solutions
- You can work independently to get a project completed, working on all parts of the stack.
- You want to help us make a big business and own part of it
- Work closely with the product manager to lead the development of a new digital web-based product
- Build tools to help organise vast amounts of property data
- Work with our software developers to build smart integrations with our existing products
- GIS software knowledge, PostGIS experience
- Knowledge of git
- Excellent communication skills
- AWS experience – ElasticSearch, EC2, S3.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, relational database experience
- Understanding of ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) data processes
- A computing related degree
- Test driven development, unit tests
- Knowledge of the property sector
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A fun, flexible and friendly working environment
- Office with access to gym and fitness classes
- Play on the latest VR tech in the office
- 25 holiday days per year
- The chance to tackle a problem that has deep social consequences