at Eppik in London
(₤60000 per year)
Eppik is pre-launch start-up that brings old photo albums back to life. We have combined advances in digital camera sensor technology and AI/ computer vision to develop a process and platform that makes it simple to digitise, store and share your albums with family and friends.
Do you want to build a website with great social impact and develop Ai and machine learning software to bring photo albums back to life?
• Develop a scalable consumer facing website harnessing information from Terabytes of data from family photographs.
• Work with Ai and machine learning technology applied to digital imaging to bring family memories back to life and create smart e-commerce solutions.
• Build a team of developers and data scientists.
ROLE & SKILLS:
We are looking for someone to build on our existing stack but who can challenge and optimise our architecture and technology.
• Current stack includes an image management platform (PHP/Symfony/ Bootstrap/ JQuery/ MySQL) integrating Ai/machine learning algorithms (Python + modules OpenCV and Tensorflow) to perform image analysis and an ecommerce platform to buy photographs and merchandise (C# and third party shop framework).
• You will need to build on and improve the platform. Provide direction to the current development team but have a very hands-on approach.
• Have a proven ability to develop web/software architecture from the ground up. Many new features need to be developed.
• Familiarity with ecommerce platform integration (eg shopify, magento, payment systems).
• Have a proven ability to establish the development environment from scratch (choose tools, technologies).
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and platforms.
• Experience from a start-up or a fast-growing technology company.
• A good understanding of and curiosity for image manipulation and digital photography.
• Interest in functional programming a plus.
• Activity in open-source projects and community leadership (presentations at meetups, conferences).
• Experience or strong interest in computer vision, machine learning, deep learning and big data.
Eppik has global ambitions and this role can scale! We will be as flexible as you are committed.
• We are launching in the UK, France and Belgium but we have had interest from clients in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Portugal and the US; so basically the model can scale!
• As one of our first employees working closely with the founder, you need to feel comfortable in a start-up environment and be very hands on but there is clearly the potential for a leadership/ CTO role.
• You will largely determine your direction and can grow the team around you.
• Competitive salary and benefits which will grow with the company, including equity.
• Flexible working hours from the outset. Working location London but can be discussed.
Recent jobs at Eppik
- Operations/ Business Development Internship (English/ French) at Eppik in London 11-09-2017
- Operations and Marketing Manager/COO at Eppik in London 11-09-2017
- Pitch deck designer at Eppik in London 19-09-2017