Cultural Mapping - China
at Codec in London
About the role
We are looking for a Chinese-speaking intern to help us build out our China database and capabilities. This will require the candidate to be familiar with Weibo and other Chinese social media, and a have general understanding of China’s significant cultures and sub-cultures. No coding experience is required.
You will get to work in a really cool start-up environment, with really fun people, and the work is super interesting! You will be helping to build out key infrastructure and capabilities for us.
We are pretty flexible around working hours and arrangements. We envisage this role as part-time, and it can be completed from home/off-site (although of course we would love to have you in the office).
- Must be a native speaker or fluent in Chinese
- Strong written communication skills and lateral thinking skills
- Work Excel/Google Spreadsheets like a data-crunching wizard
- Knowledge of content marketing, data science or data analysis is a bonus
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have your own laptop
- Live in London or nearby ideally
- Be available immediately
Our initial focus is on the multi-billion dollar Content Marketing space where most brands are guilty of polluting the internet with bad content that nobody wants to see. By providing a real time, highly sophisticated analysis of behaviours and demand signals from target audiences online through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, we enable brands to start contributing to culture through more relevant, valuable and impactful content. You should (and will!) see all of the information we can get from a single Tweet..!
Codec has received investment from some of the most impressive investors in the world who back our vision as we attack this huge market and fascinating problem. Our seed round (closed Jan 2016) was led by 500 Startups and includes other top seed investors; Wayra and Force Over Mass Capital.
We passionately believe:
- In improving the experience of audiences online.
- That audiences deserve more valuable content than what brands currently serve them.
- That data can enhance creativity, but only if data can be demystified for creative people!
About the team
The Codec team is young and outgoing, but collectively have loads of experience in the startup, marketing and tech world. We know what it means to build a successful company that impacts pop culture – and you’ll be able to learn from all our successes (and mistakes!).
We’ve run and built VC backed companies in London, New York and Silicon Valley.
You’d enjoy (as we do):
- Free beers on a Friday
- Starting work at 10am
- Learning something new every day
- Working beside thought leaders from the marketing and tech industries
- Working with celebrities and start ups
- Cups of tea
- Bullet-point lists
Salary, benefits and remuneration is dependent on successful candidate’s experience.