FoodTech Marketing & Operations Internship
at Activaite in London
Are you a Foodie and passionate about healthy eating? Want to help thousands of people eat more healthily and transform their lives? If so, we want to hear from you!
Meal IQ is an App that uses Artificial Intelligence to help people on diets to plan and shop meals to fit nutrition, diet, tastes and budget. We already have thousands of users, and the company is backed by private equity.
This is a great opportunity to get experience in the latest social media marketing techniques and consumer analytics (we use all the latest tools), and also experience of data analysis and QA.
About the role
This role will be split between marketing (70%) and data operations (30%), with responsibilities including:
- Engaging our community of users, helping increase conversions to Premium subscribers.
- Helping create social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter (and other channels), measuring the KPIs of each and iterating to optimise conversion rates.
- Formulating Newsletters
- User interviews
- Data annotation, checking for data inconsistencies
- Quality Assurance and product testing.
We are looking for a foodie who is passionate about healthy eating, comfortable communicating directly with our users and motivated to work with data. No previous work experience is required, but the following skills would be desirable.
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good numeracy skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good experience working with Excel or related spreadsheet/data tools
- Some experience working with drawing tools will be useful, e.g. Photoshop, PSP, Sketch or equivalent.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly (some guided self-learning will be provided)
- Experience of home cooking, and online grocery shopping in the UK (this is not a joke!)
- Excellent time management and the ability to work independently if required.
- This is a paid internship for an initial 6 months then potentially leading to full time employment
- You will get hands-on experience with latest social media marketing tools including Facebook Ads, Buffer, Mailchimp, Typeform, Intercom, Google Analytics, Google Optimise and more…
- You will be provided guided self-learning courses, and the ability to acquire qualifications if applicable.
- This is your chance to directly help millions of people in the UK lead healthier lifestyles! We are located in Google Campus in the heart of Tech City, where you will have the opportunity to meet lots of other people working in technology startups, as well as free tea/coffee and free invites to numerous tech events.
Our mission is to use Artificial Intelligence to help people lead healthier, happier lives. We have created a revolutionary new App called FoodIQ – the world’s first intelligent food shopping App that helps people on diets to plan and shop their weekly meals in 3 clicks.
We are currently have thousands of users from whom we are constantly learning. Our small team is made up of experienced entrepreneurs and academics. The company is backed by private equity, and this role is based at our offices in Old Street.