Media Content Producer
at Up Learn in London
Our education system is failing.
Truly exceptional teachers are 1 in a 1000, and even when they are teaching, their impact is limited to the bounds of a physical classroom.
Research from educational neuroscience has made profound progress into how students actually learn most effectively, but schools continue to use ineffective, outdated learning techniques.
And technology is everywhere, but in education it’s only ever used as a simple revision tool or classroom gimmick – our schools are stuck, running the same way they have been for centuries.
So we started from first principles: if you had a student in a room with 100 world-class tutors and teachers, and unlimited resources, how would you design the most effective educational experience for that student to learn most effectively?
And then: how can we use technology to make that same educational experience accessible to everyone?
The result was Up Learn.
We use artificial intelligence and educational neuroscience to empower the world’s best teachers and ensure every student can achieve an A* grade – whatever their background.
Over 25,000 students have now signed up to Up Learn to take control of their learning. And in the last two years, 95% of students who’ve completed our courses have achieved an A or A* in their final exams – with many starting from grades as low as Ds and Us.
Up Learn takes care of curriculum learning, so teachers can go beyond exams and, instead, use the classroom to develop meaningful life skills and inspire passion for their subjects.
Schools will transform from industrial age production lines to a place where students develop the skills and knowledge needed to become the next generation of leaders, creatives and entrepreneurs, ready for the 21st century.
And for every student who pays for an Up Learn course, we give a course free to a student who can’t.
Up Learn is making the world’s most effective education available to everyone.
We’ve now raised half a million pounds to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to 2 million new students every year.
We’re looking for the world’s best designers, to create exceptional educational content that will forge the future of the UK’s education system.
If you’re exceptionally smart, incredible at explaining things, and up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
As an Executive Content Developer, your work will be at the heart of Up Learn. In the first few months, you will:
Work with the UK’s best teachers to create interactive video lessons that teach and inspire students. This will involve:
- Creating graphics to explain complex ideas
- Animating concepts from maths and science
- Creating original illustrations that engage students
- Learn how to use cognitive science to produce the most effective learning content
- You have experience using Adobe software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator) to design exceptional graphics and illustrations with creative flair
- You have experience using animation software to produce creative and technical animations
- You’re an outstanding communicator
- You have experience explaining technical concepts to a lay audience
- You have strong empathy for others, particularly students
- You have a hunger for learning, and meticulous attention to detail
- You value having an extremely high quality team
- You’re passionate about education and want to be part of an ambitious project with the potential to have an impact on millions of people
- Competitive starting salary
- Opportunity for rapid promotion and salary progression in a well-funded startup that’s scaling – fast
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- A high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- An excellent working environment in our central London office, featuring:
- Frequent company days out: paintballing, go-karting, jet-skiing
- State-of-the-art graphic design equipment
- Training on how to produce world-class content
If this sounds like it’s for you, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Send us your CV (+ portfolio if you have one), along with a few words on your motivation and what makes you exceptional.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying.
Deadline: Monday 9th October – 11:59pm
OUR HIRING PROCESS
Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV (+ portfolio if you have one), along with a few words on why you’re exceptional and your motivation.
2. Complete our short animation and storyboarding challenge.
3. We’ll invite you for a 20 minute conversation on Skype with our Director of Education to learn more about your goals and experience.
4. We’ll invite you to a trial day, where you’ll work together with our team to develop awesome educational content
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.