at Beam in London
Are you talented, hardworking and passionate about creating positive social change?
Beam is the world’s first ever platform to crowdfund employment training for homeless people. Or as we call them “members”.
Our vision is to make it safe and easy to help homeless people – and, in time, many other types of vulnerable people in need of support.
Supported by innovation funding from The Mayor of London and Nesta and by some of the world’s leading entrepreneurs, Beam is one of the most exciting “tech for good” startups anywhere.
Join us and make a bigger difference than you ever thought possible.
As a Member Manager, you’re on the front-line of Beam, working closely with our amazing members to support them on their journey from the funding campaign, through training and into work.
You’ll be deeply empathetic and emotionally mature, and happy working with the latest technologies and apps in a data-driven way.
You’ll be process-driven and fastidious as well as a creative problem-solver, able to iterate the Beam process to ensure we have the greatest possible positive impact on our members.
You’ll be serious about changing the lives of vulnerable people for the better through innovation and ready for some of the most rewarding work of your life.
The position is based in Camden, North London and reports to the Operations Manager, Seb Barker.
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Thrives under pressure and unfazed by fast-paced environments
- High level of written articulacy
- Professional or volunteer experience working with vulnerable individuals
- Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
- No need to write code but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy and enjoy learning new tech
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London and far beyond
- Working closely with our brilliant partner charities to further strengthen our partnerships
- Meeting referrals of members from our partners
- Producing detailed risk assessments and case notes
- Researching to find the best employment pathway for each member
- Working to KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam members
- Producing member campaigns using our proprietary in-house technology and assisting the member to co-create their “member story”
- Highly competitive for social sector, social enterprises and “tech for good”
- EMI-qualifying stock options
- Flexible approach – also very open to applications for voluntary part-time work and internships
We’re a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who set ourselves high standards and love what we do. If you’re ready for a challenge, to learn fast and drive some major innovation, email us your CV and LinkedIn profile along with a covering email explaining:
- what you think amazing “member management” looks like
- how you’d measure your impact at Beam
- what excites you about Beam, and
- where you saw this opportunity
We can’t wait to hear from you!
(No agencies, please)