Head of Operations
at ExpoCart in London
Based in the Olympic Park, this is an incredible opportunity to head up the operations and sales teams in an ambitious, fast-moving tech start-up in the exhibition industry.
We are seeking a highly commercial, experienced and pragmatic operations leader who is up for the challenge of managing the team and taking the reigns of our growing UK based operation.
ExpoCart is on a mission to simplify the way exhibitors find and order event equipment for their exhibition stands throughout the UK. Through our e-commerce marketplace, we’ve been creating the simplest and most convenient way to source equipment through our extensive network of trusted event suppliers.
Exhibitors can choose from a curated range of products including furniture, payment systems, props to audio visual equipment and printing all in one place enabling them to seamlessly order everything they need for their exhibitions.
We have recently gained new funding from one of Europe’s leading seed funds and have, this year, been named one of the Top 100 Startups in the UK so we are now looking to grow faster than ever with a global aspiration. With all this happening, we are now looking for a Head of Operations to run many of the day-to-day processes in our company.
As an early member of our team, you’ll have an amazing opportunity to grow with the company and define your own role as we have exciting plans to help exhibitors around the world. You’ll be able to hit the ground running and take full ownership for all internal processes including operations, customer experience, account management, supplier relations and more. You will spearhead new processes and systems as the business scales so you will need to be able to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
If you’d like to help shape the future of ExpoCart and be part of a fast growing, young, exciting business as it scales then we’d love to hear from you!
- Responsible for the daily operation of the company and all internal business processes including operations, customer experience, sales, supplier relations & strategy development
- Managing the operations team and overseeing the sales team to execute improvements to processes to aid growth
- Implementation of new processes to streamline the company’s operations. Recommending and executing efficiency improvements
- Deliver new projects, features, promotions, tools and services for our customers
- Mapping out the customer journey and making improvements to ensure we have an unrivalled customer experience – one of our company values is to be exhibitor centric!
- Creating a process for account management and customer retention
- Reporting & setting priorities as well as targets with your team
- Dealing with all legal matters and liaising with the company’s lawyers. Analyse and identify strategic initiatives to support business strategy in driving and accelerating sustainable growth for the company within the UK
- Create a playbook for implementation of operational processes in new markets
- You have at least 3 years experience in business operations. With proven experience in strategic operations, business administration, financial planning and project management
- Experience in a startup is essential
- You’re an entrepreneurial self-starter, curious and proactive to make changes
- Highly organised, superb attention to detail and impeccable time management
- At least a 2.1 degree from a leading university
- Strong problem solving and communication skills is must!
- Capacity to multi-task and think on your feet
- You’re a natural people person and leader with impressive ability to build rapport
- You’re analytical with a strong commercial instinct
- Ability to prioritise effectively, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Fluency in French, German, Spanish, Dutch or Italian is a plus but not essential
- You are super ambitious and possess a willingness to go beyond the call of duty
What you get
- Competitive salary dependent on experience + equity!
- Opportunity to make the role your own and grow with us!
- Vibrant office environment complete with coffee on tap, free snacks and team table tennis games.
- Friday drinks!
- Friendly and close knit team of colleagues
- Office located in the Olympic Park, next to the canal with skyline views of central London.
- Discounted membership at the Olympic gym, swimming pool and velodrome.
Recent jobs at ExpoCart
- Finance Assistant (Part time) at ExpoCart in London 03-10-2017
- Business Development Executive (Exhibitor Consultant) at ExpoCart in London 03-10-2017