Finance Assistant (Part time)
at ExpoCart in London
Based in the Olympic Park, this is a great opportunity to work in an ambitious, fast-moving tech start-up in the exhibition industry. We are seeking an experienced, meticulous and analytical finance assistant who is up for the challenge of managing our accounting processes.
ExpoCart is on a mission to simplify the way exhibitors find and order event equipment for their exhibition stands throughout the UK and are beginning to test other European markets. Through our e-commerce marketplace, we’ve been creating the simplest and most convenient way to source equipment through our extensive network of trusted event suppliers.
Exhibitors can choose from a curated range of products including furniture, payment systems, props to audio visual equipment and printing all in one place enabling them to seamlessly order everything they need for their exhibitions.
We have recently gained new funding from one of Europe’s leading seed funds and have, this year, been named one of the Top 100 Startups in the UK so we are now looking to grow faster than ever with a global aspiration.
Acting as an integral link between us and our external accounting firm, you’ll take full ownership for our internal bookkeeping, financial tasks and make any changes to processes so we can adapt as we grow.
This role would suit an ambitious accounts assistant with a solid finance background or working towards an AAT qualification (or equivalent course).
If you’re looking for a role where you want to see your efforts make a big impact and you want to work for an entrepreneurial and forward thinking startup then we would love to hear from you!
- Working with our external accounting firm to provide them with the data and knowledge to ensure the timely preparation of monthly management accounts, financial statements and VAT returns
- Checking and approving invoices from our Customer Experience Team
- Matching customer remittance advices and updating payment statuses of orders
- Maintaining Receipt Bank and publishing supplier invoices to Xero
- Processing refunds and generating credit notes
- Matching purchase orders with invoices
- Chasing overdue customer invoices and credit control
- Administration of employee expenses
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions
- At least a 2.1 degree from a leading university in business, finance, accounting or a related field
- Previous accounts payable and receivable experience or alternatively bookkeeping experience is desirable.
- You are proactive, curious and always wanting to make improvements!
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You possess a willingness to go beyond the call of duty
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What you get
- Part time role (2-3 days per week)
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Opportunity to make the role your own and grow with us!
- Vibrant office environment complete with coffee on tap, free snacks and team table tennis games.
- Friday drinks!
- Friendly and close knit team of colleagues
- Office located in the Olympic Park, next to the canal with skyline views of central London.
- Discounted membership at the Olympic gym, swimming pool and velodrome.
If you’d like to help shape the future of ExpoCart and be part of a fast growing, young, exciting business as it scales then we’d love to hear from you!
Recent jobs at ExpoCart
- Head of Operations at ExpoCart in London 03-10-2017
- Business Development Executive (Exhibitor Consultant) at ExpoCart in London 03-10-2017