Business Development Executive (Exhibitor Consultant)
at ExpoCart in London
Based in the Olympic Park, this is a rare opportunity to become an early member of our sales team in an ambitious, fast-moving tech start-up in the exhibition industry. You’ll play a key role in accelerating and growing our customer base by building key relationships with exhibitors around the world.
We’re seeking an ambitious, hungry and charismatic Business Development Manager to help shape the future of ExpoCart so if you want to see your efforts make an immediate impact then this role is for you and we’d love to hear from you!
ExpoCart is on a mission to simplify the way exhibitors find and order event equipment for their exhibition stands throughout the UK. Through our e-commerce marketplace, we’ve been creating the simplest and most convenient way to source equipment through our extensive network of trusted event suppliers.
Exhibitors can choose from a curated range of products including furniture, payment systems, props to audio visual equipment and printing all in one place enabling them to seamlessly order everything they need for their exhibitions.
We have recently gained new funding from one of Europe’s leading seed funds and have, this year, been named one of the Top 100 Startups in the UK so we are now looking to grow faster than ever with a global aspiration.
As an early member of our team, you’ll have the chance to hit the ground running and take full ownership for your sales funnel since you’ll be responsible for opening leads, engaging exhibitors and closing your own deals whilst conveying the ExpoCart vision.
To excel at this role, you will be expected to be a self-starter, have an impressive ability to build rapport with people quickly and a willingness to go above and beyond to help the business grow. We’re a close knit team and the working environment is fun, fast paced and ambitious so it would definitely suit someone who relishes this and is up for a challenge!
- You have at least 2 years experience in a sales or business development role.
- Experience in a startup is desirable
- You have an insatiable drive to succeed and obsessive about achieving results!
- You have excellent written skills and can write personable, persuasive and professional emails
- You have a natural ability to persistently motivate yourself and others by being a great team player!
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong IT skills and have experience using CRM systems as you’ll be expected to juggle multiple tools & platforms
- Show commercial awareness and are KPI driven
- Capacity to multi-task and think on your feet
- A degree from a good university or equivalent experience
- Fluency in at least 1 other European language such as French, German, Spanish, Dutch or Italian is a plus but not essential
What you get
- Basic salary £22k – £25k (dependent on experience)
- Uncapped commissions £35k – £45k OTE
- Opportunity to grow with us and have direct input in accelerating growth!
- Vibrant office environment complete with coffee on tap, free snacks and team table tennis games.
- Friday drinks!
- Friendly and close knit team
- Office located in the Olympic Park, next to the canal with skyline views of central London.
- Discounted membership at the Olympic gym, swimming pool and velodrome.
If you’d like to play a key part in a fast growing, young, exciting business as it scales then we’d love to hear from you!
Recent jobs at ExpoCart
- Head of Operations at ExpoCart in London 03-10-2017
- Finance Assistant (Part time) at ExpoCart in London 03-10-2017