Business Operations Intern
at Codec in London
Codec’s Content Intelligence Platform enables any company to see what content any target audience wants them to make, before they have to make it. Brands and publishers like Unilever, L’Oreal and the BBC use Codec’s technology to remove the financial and reputational risks that come with planning and creating content around poorly understood target audiences, and to make their marketing decisions more efficient and effective.
We are looking for a driven and motivated individual to work closely with our COO and Head of Business Development. You will be tasked with a wide range of tasks, from executing and optimising marketing campaigns, to conducting deep competitor analysis, to brainstorming new ideas for business development partnerships.
Over just the past 3 months, Codec has won the CogX award for best Artificial Intelligence Product in Marketing, been nominated for a Europa award in the Hottest Marketing-Tech Company category, and been nominated for the Penrose Innovator Of The Year Award 2017.
The Codec team is young and outgoing, but collectively have loads of experience in the startup, marketing and tech world. We know what it means to build a successful company that impacts pop culture – and you’ll be able to learn from all our successes (and mistakes!). We’ve run and built VC backed companies in London, New York and Silicon Valley. And at Codec we have received investment from some of the most impressive investors in the world who back our vision as we attack this huge market and fascinating problem.
- University degree, or studying towards one – minimum of 2:1 or above.
- Exceptional written and verbal English with an ability to write sharp, concise and on-brand copy across a range of mediums.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable taking the initiative
- Share a passion about online and content marketing
- Hardworking and independent
- Conduct in-depth competitor analysis on a wide range of tools in the MarTech space
- Helping in the creation of marketing and product videos to drive business growth
- Run the social media account for the business
- Lead content marketing efforts through the creation and effective distribution of blogs, thought leadership pieces, infographics and other content
- Work closely with our Head of Business Development to optimise our lead generation systems
- Help integrate and improve our internal operations tech stack – we run on Slack, Dropbox, Mixpanel, Intercom and others
- Work with members of the ops team to streamline accounting processes within the business
- A range of other tasks, projects and business priorities including general admin and errands.
You’d enjoy (as we do):
- Free beers on a Friday
- Starting work at 10am
- Learning something new every day
- Working beside thought leaders from the marketing and tech industries
- Cups of tea
- Bullet-point lists
Someone with a background studying marketing, psychology, social sciences or a business based degree would be best suited – but we’d love to hear from all backgrounds!
Salary and expenses will be negotiated with successful applicants.