Assistant Housekeeping Manager / Intern
at GuestReady in London
We are GuestReady, a global short-term and vacation-rental management company! We provide professional services to real estate investors, hosts, as well as guests. Featured in TechCrunch (http://tcrn.ch/2b9gFNa), our mission is to take the hassle out of short-term rentals. Any operations that are related to turning over guests and optimise listings to incur a maximum yield for the host are handled by us.
This internship is a frontline operations-focused role, which will suit someone wanting to get stuck in and get some experience at a fast paced startup. Our team is currently expanding, so we are looking for the right candidate that can start by learning to master all the tasks below, with the view to eventually take over the management of our whole housekeeping fleet, if you prove to be the right person for this role!
- Assisting the Operations Management team with running all aspects of the day to day operations, with a focus on managing the Housekeeping Operations
- Scheduling laundry and cleaning services and making sure everything runs on time
- Coordinating and managing housekeeping staff / contractors all over London
- Assisting in recruiting, training and performance managing our team of housekeepers and working hard to keep them motivated and engaged
- Giving your own input on our operational procedures and finding the best and most cost effective solutions to complex problems
- Helping make sure that GuestReady run the best and the meanest fleet of housekeepers out there, keeping our homes in a spotless shape
- Doing everything else necessary in order to ensure things run smoothly and not being afraid to step in and take the initiative to resolve any issues, as they occur
Requirements for the role:
- Educated with a strong Bachelor’s degree, minimum
- We are a startup so we need someone who is confident and isn’t afraid of getting stuck in. We are still developing our processes and so there is plenty of room for new ideas
- Needs to be a good problem solver with lots of common sense
- Strong people skills and numeracy required – we are looking for a person that can calmly evaluate the best logical solution out there, but can also step in and make snap judgements to quickly resolve high-pressure situations, when needed
- Confident and personable, service is a big part of our business so we need someone that loves to give great customer service
- Multitasker, organized, and able to manage your own time efficiently
- Detail oriented, strong focus on quality – never doing things half way!
- An entrepreneurial approach
- We are a 24/7 business so the person needs to have no qualms about working on a 7 day roster (with time off in lieu after) and occasional shift work
- Interest in startups and the sharing economy is a big plus
- Work with multicultural and multiracial team members
- Fun & casual working atmosphere with international mindset, Friday drinks
- A team of experienced entrepreneurs who have successfully built companies before
- A dynamic work environment with flat hierarchies and space for your own ideas
This is a paid starter position, with the potential to grow into a full-time permanent role, for the right candidate.
Recent jobs at GuestReady
- Operations Intern at GuestReady in London 26-09-2017
- HR and Office Operations Executive at GuestReady in London 06-10-2017