Assistant Host Manager
at Lavanda in London
We are looking for a dynamic and versatile Assistant Host Manager who can bring passion, energy and vision to our Operations team. This is a role that sits at the heart of Lavanda’s core product – providing a positive first impression to guests in our properties – and will be an exciting chance to build out an area of the business that adds true value to our guest experience.
You will be a key part of the operation. You will take some direction from our Host Manager who will be working alternate shifts to you and setting up overall structure. During your shifts, you will work with our Operations Duty Manager, Houskeeping Manager, and entire guest communications team, among many others who make our day to day experience smooth and welcoming for our guests.
The job will include: – Management of our hosts, the friendly greeters at our properties who meet our guests and introduce them to our apartments
- Be the point person for our hosts out in the field as they are checking guests in, and re-arrange schedule as needed if guests are delayed
- Assist in sourcing new hosts for our freelance pool
- Assist in training hosts in the Lavanda way
Due to the spread of check-ins that happen over the course of a day and our need for continual support for our hosts, this role will be required to work a 12 hour shift per day of work. You will do this 4 days in a row and then get 4 days off.
REQUIREMENTS – You’re motivated by being a key player in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. You’re not only an autonomous problem-solver and confident decision-maker who understands what it means to create value. You’re also hungry for responsibility and keen to move up in an organisational to leadership roles with increasing responsibility
- You’re driven by the challenge to build and structure your role and any related processes, balancing both the short and long-term needs of the business.
- You are technology savvy and understand the critical role that tech plays in scaling complex operations.
- You take huge pride in how you are perceived by your colleagues and customers (both internal and external), and are always happy to dig deep and go the extra mile whenever required. You only stop when the job is done.
- You’re passionate about the sharing economy and its potential to disrupt both the property and hospitality industries.
- You have some experience in leading and motivating teams
- You have an interest in hospitality and customer service and ideally previous experience in this field
COMPENSATION DETAILS – £Competitive salary + performance related bonus (tailored to candidate).
- Generous equity package in the form of tax efficient EMI options.
- Amazing central London location with offices at Kings Cross and Chancery Lane.
- This is a junior level management role that is ideally positioned for rapid career progression in a business that’s growing incredibly fast.
- Join a highly motivated and engaged team who are working tirelessly to shape the future of the residential property industry.
- You’ll never be bored and no two days will be the same (really, we guarantee it)