Ecommerce Product Manager
at Mrs Wordsmith in London
(₤32000 - ₤38000 per year)
Ecommerce Product Manager
London, England, United Kingdom · Product
Our mission is to show you the words.
We want to connect every young person to the words they need to know, in the smartest and most unforgettable way, so they can enjoy the journey and avoid cramming.
Mrs Wordsmith is one of the fastest growing startups in the UK, used and loved by teachers, parents and students.
The team is made up of engineers, designers, linguists and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and private schools, as well as from Cambridge University’s leading Natural Language Processing group, Criteo, Oxford University Press, Peak Labs and more.
Launched in 2016 and based in London, United Kingdom, Mrs Wordsmith is a subscription service that helps young people accelerate their vocabulary through visual learning. The words students encounter on the 10,000 Word Journey are illustrated by the award winning artists behind Madagascar and Hotel Transylvania.
We are looking for an eCommerce Product Manager who will refine the product vision, strategy and KPIs for our online shop experience from both a consumer and supplier standpoint.
This role will help set the product roadmap and serve as the interface between our customers and the development team.
About the role
- Define, scope, and prioritise the customer-centric product strategy and roadmap to reach company goals.
- Work closely with the operations team to identify and anticipate supplier needs, and define and scope new features to facilitate more efficient supplier relationships.
- Facilitate prioritization meetings for the ecommerce product and participate as needed in the sprint process.
- Identify market and tech trends to incorporate in the product roadmap, whilst maintaining, prioritising and continuously updating the product backlog.
- Define high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Wireframe proposals for the user experience and web flow and use appropriate tools to represent functions and the user interface of products and functions.
- Use data analytics to validate new product features and prioritise future product development requests.
- Manage quality assurance and testing throughout the project lifecycle to ensure quality output.
- Continuously sync with the tech, product, commercial, operations and growth teams.
- 2 – 3 years experience in a product management role within an agile environment.
- You are obsessed with tech products and care deeply about user benefits, user behaviour and usability.
- Strong intuition for user experience flows and purchase conversion, able to continuously optimise a customer’s experience on our website.
- Comfortable with wireframing of web user experience and flows.
- Excited about mapping complex systems, workflows and business processes.
- A results-focused approach combined with a broad skillset including expertise in Google Analytics, A/B testing, user testing, analytics, UI, competitor analysis and metric definition.
- Outstanding research, analysis, modeling, reporting and project management skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of scrum and preferably also Kanban, able to run the relevant meetings and knowledgeable about classic product management.
- Excellent communication skills, bridging the gap between technical and non-technical colleagues.
- A university degree in computer science, engineering, maths, physics or another applicable field.
- E-commerce experience a huge plus.
- SQL experience a huge plus.
- Programming experience an added bonus.
What’s in for you?
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded start-up that’s scaling
- Work alongside other talented and friendly team members who are keen to learn and grow
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly…
- …and make a meaningful contribution to millions of lives
Sketches of life at Mrs Wordsmith
- We love characters. Animated ones and the real ones in our office.
- Bringing a word to life is an amazing process that involves linguists, creatives, writers and technologists.
- Sometimes words fail us and we just jam to music and solve complex problems around how words are connected to the world.
- We love reimagining the dictionary. It’s a utility. It needs some love and creativity. Come and help us transform it into something you can’t stop using.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recent jobs at Mrs Wordsmith
- Software Engineer at Mrs Wordsmith in London 29-07-2017
- Digital Community Manager at Mrs Wordsmith in London 14-08-2017
- Production Manager at Mrs Wordsmith in London 20-08-2017
- Lead Product Manager at Mrs Wordsmith in London 07-10-2017
- People Operations Coordinator at Mrs Wordsmith in London 07-10-2017