Lead Product Manager
at Mrs Wordsmith in London
(₤80000 - ₤100000 per year)
Lead Product Manager
London, England, United Kingdom · Product
Our mission is to show you the words.
We want to connect every young person to the words they need to know, in the smartest and most unforgettable way, so they can enjoy the journey and avoid cramming.
Mrs Wordsmith is one of the fastest growing startups in the UK, used and loved by teachers, parents and students.
The team is made up of engineers, designers, linguists and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in public and private schools, as well as from Cambridge University’s leading Natural Language Processing group, Criteo, Oxford University Press, Peak Labs and more.
Launched in 2016 and based in London, United Kingdom, Mrs Wordsmith is a subscription service that helps young people accelerate their vocabulary through visual learning. The words students encounter on the 10,000 Word Journey are illustrated by the award winning artists behind Madagascar and Hotel Transylvania.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Manager to take our digital app from beta to a game-changing industry leader and oversee our ecommerce operations.
Working with the founder and Technology Lead in a tight-knit team, you’ll be responsible for delivering an exceptional and beautiful product experience for the world’s first audio-visual dictionary with conversational user interface.
About the role
- Define, scope, and prioritise the digital app and ecommerce product roadmap to ensure company goals are met.
- Listen to our customers and work with our product owners and technical leads to meet evolving customer behaviours, needs, wants and desires as we grow
- Champion design thinking and lean UX principles, using them to create, develop, break, test and constantly improve our product.
- Oversee entire product process and team for both ecommerce and digital app products.
- Design and test solutions at different levels of fidelity, from wireframes to high quality visuals.
- Work with our machine learning team to define and scope technical requirements to help develop an industry-leading backend that ensures an optimal learning experience.
- Utilize data analytics to test new product features and validate existing; coordinate A/B tests to optimize user engagement.
- Be sensitive, empathetic and confident, using the complexity of the field we’re into our advantage through great design.
- Utilize modern design best practices to make something beautifully simple and effortless usable.
- 5+ years experience in a senior product management role.
- Experience at leading digital app companies and a strong understanding of ecommerce.
- Strong technical background with experience working with data scientists.
- You’ll have a great eye, for interactions and visuals, but also for what matters to our customers. You’ll relentlessly puts our customer first and be our user champion.
- We’re looking for a natural simplifier and communicator – someone who knows how to use the complexity of the field we’re in to our advantage.
- Comprehensive understanding of scrum and preferably also Kanban, able to run the relevant meetings and knowledgeable about classic product management.
- A results-focused approach combined with a broad skillset including A/B testing, user testing, analytics, UI, competitor analysis and metric definition.
- You like working across the breadth of a product, blending Visual and UX design, including information architecture, interaction design & visual design.
- Strong design aesthetic, variation of style and awareness of digital design & UX trends.
- Happy to build, mentor and develop a team as we scale.
- Full of raw, enthusiastic intellectual horsepower.
What’s in for you?
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded start-up that’s scaling
- Work alongside other talented and friendly team members who are keen to learn and grow
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly…
- …and make a meaningful contribution to millions of lives
Sketches of life at Mrs Wordsmith
- We love characters. Animated ones and the real ones in our office.
- Bringing a word to life is an amazing process that involves linguists, creatives, writers and technologists.
- Sometimes words fail us and we just jam to music and solve complex problems around how words are connected to the world.
- We love reimagining the dictionary. It’s a utility. It needs some love and creativity. Come and help us transform it into something you can’t stop using.
Closing date: 31st November 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recent jobs at Mrs Wordsmith
- People Operations Coordinator at Mrs Wordsmith in London 07-10-2017
- Junior In-House Graphic Designer at Mrs Wordsmith in London 04-12-2017