Content & Social Media Manager
at dotcomgiftshop in London
WHO WE ARE
dotcomgiftshop is the online consumer arm of Rex London, a well-established British company established in 1981, selling a wide range of design-led gifts to the UK, European, Australian and Asian markets. Its success to date is largely based on market knowledge, smart operations, creative, well-designed products, organic growth, SEO and extensive press coverage.
The e-retailer www.dotcomgiftshop – now 10 years old – is embarking on its next stage of evolution with plans to refresh and grow its brand identity. To support this exciting project, the company is seeking a Content and Social Media Manager to help shape the new brand identity and voice.
If you are passionate about brand, content creation and social media, willing to express your creativity, and love design, this is the ideal role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Content and Social Media Manager, you will take full ownership of blog content alongside managing social media channels. Your role is to create innovative content ideas that resonate with the audience and you will have the know-how to drive and execute them. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will work alongside the PR and Social Media Executive and coordinate with the Customer Service team to assist customers and respond to their requests on social media platforms.
- Build and manage the company’s blog, social media profiles and creative presence, in line with company brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Develop and implement a relevant content and social media strategy to increase brand awareness and sales
- Research various topics to create engaging and relevant content for the blog and social media
- Plan blog content and social media campaigns (organic and social ads campaigns) to support overall marketing activity
- Write and publish company blog articles
- Work closely with designers and photographers to create original content for blog and social media (branded imagery, videos, written content, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships with bloggers and influencers to increase brand exposure
- Manage online reputation by monitoring, listening and responding to online reviews and customers’ requests on social media
- Prepare monthly reports on blog and social media performance, analyse key metrics and optimise strategy as needed
- Help manage the marketing calendar, working with the Head of Marketing
- Provide written web content (product description, category copy) when necessary
WHAT YOU NEED
- Excellent English copywriting skills and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of principles of SEO, keyword research, Google Analytics and blogging best practices
- In-depth knowledge and experience of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in content management and production
- Good eye for graphic design and layout (basic Adobe Photoshop skills desirable but not essential)
- Ability to analyse data and optimise performance of campaigns
- Two to three years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
YOU WILL BE
- Creative, coming up with new content ideas
- Proactive with a can-do attitude and willingness to go that extra mile
- Super organised, able to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player confident to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e.: content development, creation and editing of content and online reputation management).
- Digital-savvy and curious, willing to continuously learn about social media, new apps and technology
- Customer-focused, showing winning social customer service techniques (such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution)
- Social and easy-going person, able to build and maintain relationships with blogging ecosystem and internal staff
- Permanent full-time role
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus (based on performance)
- Generous staff discount on products
To apply for this role, please email your CV (including current salary and availability) and a covering letter.