at Pirate Studios in London
(₤20000 - ₤25000 per year)
A little background information on Pirate Studios:
We launched in July, two years ago as the UK’s first self-service music rehearsal studios. Since then the business has grown into 12 buildings across the UK and is expanding into the US and parts of Europe this year.
All of our business is driven through our online booking system; however, we’re also working on enhancing our customer’s experience by integrating more technology into our studios. At Pirate Studios our artists, bands, DJ’s and producers can rehearse 24hrs a day, save their recorded sessions in the cloud, edit, download then share their songs and perform live streams to their fans across the globe.
About the Job:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic systems administrator who is willing to learn new things, throw around ideas, and work as part of our small development team on various projects. You will be working in our London office in Dalston. However, we sometimes do R&D and testing on-site in the studios, and we work alongside a large team of people who design and build the studios.
As we’ll be expanding our team we will be revising how we plan out our projects, especially as we are now moving into long-term rebuilds. Everyone’s opinion is welcome and you can get stuck in with a variety of different projects straight away.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Managing office systems:
- Smooth running of computer systems for all employees (Windows and OSX)
- Network support
- Software support
- Office NAS drives
- ISPs for offices
Managing studio systems:
- Liaising with lease line provider for inspections and installations (switching from broadband to leased lines)
- Micro server maintenance
- Troubleshooting CCTV, WiFi and other technical issues
- Building, setting up and deploying our micro server
- Installation and configuration of the Linux operating system
- Remote management and maintenance
Managing our Google Suite:
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR & Security requirements
- Applying and enforcing company standards and policies
- Purchasing hardware and dealing with suppliers
- Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops, mobile devices and other equipment
- Help discover and implement new technology
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Self management / motivation
- Good communication and personal skills
- Enthusiastic about technology, code and learning
- Valid Driving license
- Travel is expected and expenses are covered
- Experience in Docker/containers
- Linux systems administration
- Creativity is encouraged; we love sharing ideas for solutions
- Experience in some form of project-management system, such as Agile or Scrum
As a music startup we obviously have a lot of staff who are excited about music, performance, or production. It’s not a requirement but if that’s your sorta thing then our project may be more exciting for you!
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 22 days of holiday leave (not including public holidays)
- Company laptop if needed
- Working in a young friendly environment
Send us your details and any questions. Give us an outline of who you are, what you do, what you enjoy, and any examples of your work or open-source projects you have/contribute to.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Recent jobs at Pirate Studios
- Digital Designer Internship at Pirate Studios in London 09-10-2017