Operations Manager (Startup Programs)
at Techstars in London
Start Date: ASAP
As an Operations Manager you will have a unique impact on Techstars’ Startup Programs worldwide alongside the Community Leaders and attendees who participate in them. You will focus on delivering improved global processes to impact community leaders, the Techstars internal team, global partners and more. You’ll drive forward the creation of knowledge bases for CLs and internal team to help us more easily scale.
You’ll ensure that our communities and internal team have the support they need to run the World’s best community programs through Startup Weekend and Startup Week. You’ll help to build an internal playbook of best practices and you’ll help adapt it to local markets, creating samples and templates that better serve those markets. You’ll be working closely with our region’s team who directly support Startup Weekend and Startup Week to deliver significant operational improvement to help us reach more communities globally. You’ll be part of a team dedicated to supporting community leaders and the programs that they impact and grow.
Strong interpersonal and coaching skills are critical to this position, as are clear communication, strong writing skills and meticulous attention to detail. This job has a strong quality control aspect to it, so if pixelated logos, misspellings, and poor grammar drive you crazy, that’s great. If you love finding ways to make things simpler and more organized and teach others, you will excel in this position. Logistics experience is a plus, as is familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem or community building. Techstars is growing fast so a willingness to learn and a comfort in tackling new problems will help you thrive.
We are growing fast and looking for an Operations Manager to grow with Techstars Startup Programs as a global organization. This position is full time and is based in London. (This person could be based in Berlin or possibly another major European city).
Why join Techstars Startup Programs as an Operations Manager?
Founded in 2007, Startup Weekend has grown to support over 800 events in 35+ countries and impacted over 80,000 entrepreneurs in 2016 alone. Alongside this, Startup Week has also seen phenomenal growth with over 70,000 attendees in 2016 across 47 events. As Operations Manager you will be at the forefront of supporting interactions by developing systems and processes that help us scale and reach more communities. You will gain experience that will impact your long term career through building an extensive network, engaging with different business cultures, and develop your adaptability to a scaling company.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage our team of global contractors who deliver region related event support
- Ensure contractor capacity is carefully managed to support regions teams
- Manage bi-weekly check-ins to ensure the quality is kept high
Onboarding and Training
- Support the creation of training materials
- Coordinate onboarding
Knowledge Base Creation
- Writing documentation and creating instructional materials about processes and technical tools
- Documenting best practices throughout the network in case studies
- Maintain and improve standardized curriculum materials for programs
- Support Community & Ecosystem Mapping
Strategic Operational Improvements
- Identify challenges and opportunities for internal operational improvements
- Develop facilitator and CL operational improvements
- Support implementation of all new operational improvements
- Deliver Alumni management processes
- Coordinating joint activities between Techstars Accelerators and Techstars Startup Programs
- Managing and evaluating shared tools and systems
- Improving processes to accommodate scale
- 3-5 years in fast-paced project or program management focused position
- Strong writing skills and a love for writing quality instructional content
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Highly organised. Work reliably through systemised tasks without losing focus or drive.
- Comfortable as a self-starter with strong problem solving skills
- Experience working with startups or startup accelerators
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Fluent in English
- Fit the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- Ability to work in the EU
- Additional language such as French or Spanish
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with Techstars Startup Programs (Startup Weekend, Startup Week, Startup Digest).
- Experience working with a distributed team.
Recent jobs at Techstars
- Customer Service Coordinator at Techstars in London 28-09-2017