Executive Assistant to CEO
at Crossing35 Limited in Edinburgh
(₤18000 per year)
We are looking for a high-calibre & experienced Office Administrator who can double up as the Executive Assistant for our CEO.
We are a tech start-up and our CEO wears multiple hats at the moment. We want you to take these on and free him up a bit. For this role you need to be
• a good manager who is able to identify, prioritise and deal with all operational tasks;
• a calendar master who ensures all deadlines are met;
• an office administrator who ensures the business flows smoothly;
• a wordsmith who can support with documentation and presentations.
• You will also be required to take on some simple bookkeeping tasks.
You must be able to work in an informal, unstructured, and agile environment of a tech start-up.
We are a small Edinburgh based tech start-up that is building an Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled platform to help CEOs tap global markets. We also have a consulting & research arm.
Overall, we are a small team of 6 at the moment. The work culture is quite informal but professional. The team comprises of highly specialised technical and functional experts.
We are currently hot-desking out of CodeBase in Edinburg as we wait for an office space allocation there. However, it is not uncommon for us to work from coffee-shops, or meet at our CEOs flat for a brain storming session over beer and pizza (or curry or burger). We also love playing table-tennis in the middle of our workday.
You will be an experienced Executive Assistant, capable and willing to act as the CEO’s second brain. You are right for this role if you…
- are analytical,
- proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and Power point).
- are a self-starter who is able to get things done proactively, independently and without guidance.
- have excellent command over English. (A key part of your job will require you to review documents that is meant for CEO level audience. This will require the candidate to have a high proficiently in business level English.)
- excellent communication skills – both oral and written. (Our stakeholders are usually CEOs or people in leadership positions so this role requires somebody who is excellent in communication.)
- have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
You will literally be managing the CEO’s time, by taking upon yourself the responsibility for all operational and general administration tasks, including some of the CEO’s personal work and freeing him up to focus on high-value activities.
You will be supporting the CEO with his communications, planning and plan execution, his travel arrangements, a bit of book-keeping and anything else that he needs help with. You should be able to spot problems before they materialise and head them off.
We outsource some aspects of our technical work. You will help co-ordinate these engagements and ensure this runs smoothly.
A key part of your job will be to ensure all our documentation and presentation are up to scratch for a CEO level audience. The team is building a knowledge-base that is to be adapted into a conversational format from a Q&A format. You will be fully involved in this work.
You will also help us create engaging power-point presentations based on research data and documentation provided.
The job will require a bit of book-keeping, mostly logging expenses and creating a few management reports. (Don’t worry, we have an excellent accountant)
Other activities would include helping with the marketing copy like those for our landing and sales pages and for email broadcasts. You will also be involved in ensuring that our client engagement collaterals are fit for purpose.
If you can do this and more please apply now!