Social Media Data Analyst (German Speaking) - Berlin
at Brandwatch in Brighton
Brandwatch is the global leader in social intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide. We build smart software solutions that help capture, analyze and share insights from millions of conversations across the web. Home to over 300 people, from over 30 different nations, Brandwatch is a place that challenges, motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social world. Better. Bolder. More Brilliant.
Professional Services is a core component of Customer Success at Brandwatch. As a team, we strive to enable and advance our clients’ use of social data across their organisations by delivering innovative solutions, actionable insights and subject-matter expertise that have a real business impact. As we continue our global expansion, we are hiring a Data Analyst to join our dynamic Professional Services team in Berlin.
- Like using data to tell stories and working with a wide spectra of clients and use cases
- Solve problems for fun and enjoy testing limits
- Love helping people and are able to see things from a clients viewpoint
- Take leading meetings in your stride
- Are comfortable working independently in a deadline-driven setting
- Can effectively translate technical jargon to non-technical people
You want to:
- Become a Brandwatch suite expert
- Implement effective social media measurement solutions
- Consult with clients and colleagues regarding social media, data, and their use in business settings
- Push the boundaries of social data analysis
- Attend client meetings as a subject-matter expert
- Provide feedback to guide new product development
You should have:
- Familiarity with social media, digital media, marketing, or use of technology in a commercial environment
- A degree in an analytical or business related subject (such as marketing/market research, data analytics, business analytics, linguistics, natural sciences, computer science, engineering, economics, maths, statistics, etc.), or equivalent experience
- Fluency in German and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets and knowledge of the wider Microsoft/Google suites
Also good to have:
- One or more years of analytical business experience
- Familiarity with social media data
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts (distributions, significance, sampling)
- Proficiency in a programming language (Python or similar)
- Fluency in an additional language (or two) would be a bonus
- Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
- A diverse and multicultural group of people from many different countries and backgrounds
- 10% Time: One day every other week to work on something beneficial to Brandwatch, but not (necessarily) part of your assigned projects or work, such as learning about / evaluating new tools or languages
- Training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need
- All the usual start-up temptations…cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fruit boxes, drinks fridges… and of course coffee.
- Macbook Pro with retina display or Dell XPS with Linux
- Freitag Frühstück — Communal Friday Breakfast in the Berlin office every Friday.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Recent jobs at Brandwatch
- Sales Executive (German Speaking) - Berlin at Brandwatch in Brighton 06-12-2017
- Senior Research Analyst - Berlin at Brandwatch in Brighton 12-12-2017