Senior Brand Manager
at PeoplePerHour in London
We are looking for an experienced Brand & PR Manager who is passionate about building a brand strategy, uncovering customers’ insights and delivering innovative marketing campaigns. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and you will generate strategies that grow market share and raise brand awareness. For this role, you will collaborate with various internal teams to conduct market and competitive research and analysis, develop brand identities and propose strategic positioning.
More specifically you are expected to:
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Conduct research and analyse the market to come up with a relevant brand strategy for our different brands
- Suggest brand positioning and develop a brand identity in accordance to this positioning. Make sure the brand convey the right message and is perceived as wanted.
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action”
- Maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, social media etc) ensuring brand consistency in all advertising efforts
- Manage PR strategy and execution. Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influencers
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
PeoplePerHour.com is the UK’s leading freelancer platform servicing over 1.5m freelancers and small businesses (65% UK, the rest all over the world).
With a mature and growing community we are now reinvesting organic profits into breaking out into new sectors & segment in which the on-demand economy has not yet become mainstream. The first of these is larger enterprises where the offering is tailored to corporates (via software + labour solutions) managing large remote workforces (some vetted in-house and some outsourced) efficiently and cost-effectively all in one place.
We have aggressive growth plans and we want you to be part of them!
Ideally you will have:
- 5-6 years of proven working experience as Brand manager or similar roles
- The right balance of strategic thinking and ability to execute effectively. This role is very hands on.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- A knack for storytelling
- Solid experience coordinating successful PR campaigns
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Leadership skills to manage people across different functions
Based in London.
Competitive Base + Bonus
Loves Brutal honesty
Hates pointing fingers
Hates fluffing. Says it like it is with brutal honesty
Acts like an owner
Doesn’t sit around waiting to be told what to do
Is selfless: don’t just cover your own back. Always put yourself last
Cares about the business and its overall success
Picks garbage off the floor
Do what you say & commit to. Gets it done!
Resourceful & scrappy. Doesn’t need handholding. Will find a way
Goal orientated. Sets and hits targets
Constantly raises the bar
Is curious and inquisitive. Always questioning: how can we do this better?
Finds ways to improve the status quo
Goes above and beyond what’s given to him/her
Thinks outside the box and loves innovation
Self-reflective and improves a little every day
Is a Team player
Is a clear communicator. You care about whether the other person understood, not just what they said
Shows empathy: You care and don’t just throw the ball over the fence
Makes an effort to gel and bond with the team
Recent jobs at PeoplePerHour
- Senior Product Manager at PeoplePerHour in London 11-10-2017
- Chief Commercial Officer at PeoplePerHour in London 12-10-2017